Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    new app in preware slide to unlock but when I try down load it it says not valid web os app..... Was poppn wit dat
    Seems to be a common thing lately. Lots of apps show up but aren't really available yet. Maybe it's got something to do with the webOS 1.4 rollout?
    me too, looks cool if it worked.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Based on seeing the menubar there i don't think it replaces the lock screen. If it does its pretty good news, because that means the lockscreen is customizable(at least in shifting where stuff is and adding elements(date).
    I'm hoping to get this when it becomes available
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    So did Palm develop this? Is so, its kind of crappy that they're charging $1.99 to customize their product.
    DON'T BUY THIS! Its literally an app that you can open that you can use a slider. Doesn't unlock the phone at all. I just bought it.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Wow. That's a rip and 3/4. Did Palm develop it?
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    DON'T BUY THIS! Its literally an app that you can open that you can use a slider. Doesn't unlock the phone at all. I just bought it.
    thanks for the advice!
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Wow. That's a rip and 3/4. Did Palm develop it?
    No, obviously not. The developer is listed as Leetcom.

Palm would never charge for a new, and quite frankly very lame, feature like this.
    You can tell from the screen shots that it's an app running in a card... not sure why anyone would go to the trouble to develop this. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    just curious on how you got past the not a valid app error. And why is it not in the normal palm app catalog.
    Correction it seems to be working now but who would want this??
    so it does or does not work?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Ouch. Yeah looking at the screenshots I was wondering if that was the case.
    If anyone could get rid of the "Drag to unlock screen" I would buy it!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    If anyone could get rid of the "Drag to unlock screen" I would buy it!!!!!
    I think it does get rid of the "Drag to unlock screen" but doesn't implement the slide into an actual unlocking mechanism.

The only interaction you have with this app is running it from the launcher. Once you do that, the image that shows up in the catalog description (with that background and everything) shows up and you can move the slider to close the app. It does not unlock anything nor does it lock it (you can open up other apps).

Anyone could do this with Ares..
    Is it me? Or does it amaze others too how people always want their phone to have the exact features of an iPhone (slider unlock in this case). Go buy an iPhone and you will have all these looks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast