1.    #1  
    I'd like my screen not to turn off after a few minutes, especially while using google maps. I find it very disturbing when i have to wake up the phone, while driving. Anyone a suggestion?

Please note: I am not a native speaker, so if my englisch is not correct, please ignore the mistakes. (Dutch)
    Theres a patch for that in PreWare
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Hallo maat, hoe gaat het?

(Yeah, that's the extent of my Dutch speaking )

There is only one method that I'm aware of to do this - you would need to buy a car charger for your device and then charge it while using Google Maps.

You then need to install this patch using Preware.

The light will stay on as long as the phone is charging.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by SqyArc; 01/31/2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hallo maat, hoe gaat het?

(Yeah, that's the extent of my Dutch speaking )

There is only one method that I'm aware of to do this - you would need to buy a car charger for your device and then charge it while using Google Maps.

You then need to install this patch using Preware.

The light will stay on as long as the phone is charging.

Hope this helps

Not true that patch is not functioning properly right now, The patch is called More standby times and it is in PreWare .
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Not true that patch is not functioning properly right now, The patch is called More standby times and it is in PreWare .
    Ah thanks, didn't realize it was broken
    There is a homebrew app called NoDoze that appears to have a "screen always on" feature. I have not used it so I am not sure how it works.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/nodoze
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    There is a homebrew app called NoDoze that appears to have a "screen always on" feature. I have not used it so I am not sure how it works.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/nodoze

I've used Nodoze and it does work, but I like the patch better. The patch gives you more standby options, one of which is "never". If you decide to use either one, I would recommend being plugged in to a charger. The battery will go dead rather quickly with the screen on all the time, especially if you are also using data.
  8.    #8  
    everyone thanks foor your reply. Right now i can't do anything, as my screen does not work. The touch function does not work. Anyone know this problem?