1.    #1  
    I want to read library books on my Palm Pre and I can't seem to figure out how to download the necessary software on my Pre. My library lends books using Mobipocket and the 2 Adobe Readers. After doing what I thought was sufficient research, I downloaded preader from the app store. When I tried to take out books in the Mobipocket format, the library's website asked for current Mobipocket PID which I don't have.

Does this mean I have to download Classic and then use Mobipocket instead of preader? Any thoughts on how I can utilize this great, free service from my library system?

Thanks in advance!
    All you have to do is launch pReader, hit the menu button (top left) and select "Device PID" - there you have it
  3.    #3  
    Unfortunately, Device PID isn't an option in my pReader menu. I just deleted and reinstalled the app and it's still not there. So frustrating!
    That's odd, it should be there. You need to open the menu at the start page, it won't work while there is a book open.
  5.    #5  
    I think it's because I'm not running the latest version (7.6). It's not yet in the App store and I'm kind of nervous about downloading a HomeBrew.
    Ahh my bad, I assumed you were using Preware's version. Homebrew on the Pre is really very safe, there's lots of measures in place to make sure you can't 'brick' your phone
  7.    #7  
    So I downloaded preader 7.6 today and I still cannot read my library's Mobipocket books because the encryption the library use isn't supported by preader.

Does this mean that I can only use Mobipocket if I run it through Classic?
    I haven't gotten my Pre yet but saw an app called freebooks and I cant find it anymore. Does anyone know if the app is still available and how good is it??
    Quote Originally Posted by teach1love View Post
    I haven't gotten my Pre yet but saw an app called freebooks and I cant find it anymore. Does anyone know if the app is still available and how good is it??
    Idk if it's still available, but I've got it and like it a lot. They make a more complete one for Iphone:

Free Books for iPhone and iPad.

This one is pretty much the same thing w/o the page numbers, so you're blind as to how much farther is left in the book, but it's still an enjoyable experience.

I would assume that they'll come out with a full one for $1.99, and I will gladly buy it.