1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been answered a million times.....once i have preware downloaded, do i always need to keep the phone in developer mode?
    Nope, you only need developer mode to install via WebOS Quick Install. If you only plan to use Preware then you can disable it - and you should disable it in any case because it's a potential security risk leaving it on
  3.    #3  
    ok well now when i try to reconnect my pre, the USB selections dont popup.
    Mine was doing that just yesterday... I restarted my computer and Pre, and all is well. Really weird, though.

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Hoffman109 is right, just reboot your computer (and your Pre for good measure) and it will work as normal.
  6.    #6  
    nothings ever easy is it
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    nothings ever easy is it
    Where would be the fun in that
  8.    #8  
    any reason why preware is not detecting the package manager?? i know i installed it.
    Hmmm, I guess you better re-enable developer mode, fire up WOSQI and reinstall the package manager - you're right, nothing ever is easy
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hmmm, I guess you better re-enable developer mode, fire up WOSQI and reinstall the package manager - you're right, nothing ever is easy
    Doin that now lol
  11.    #11  
    did it....still getting eror message when i try to run preware....should i disable dev mode before I run it??
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    did it....still getting eror message when i try to run preware....should i disable dev mode before I run it??
    Nope, that wouldn't make a difference. Are you using the most recent version of WebOS Quick Install? (2.96 it should be) to install Preware and the Package Manager?

It may be that you're trying to use an outdated version and you may need to completely remove Preware and start from scratch with the new WOSQI.

If it's not that... I'm kinda stuck for ideas
  13.    #13  
    ahhh could be it....trying
  14.    #14  
    success.... you rock!!!!!
    Glad I could help
  16.    #16  
    Glad I could help
    Not so fast hahaha. Its now 30 minutes later and its still downloading feed info....it gets stuck on themes...is this normal?? I even have wifi enabled.
  17.    #17  
    actually i have reset it a couple of times and it gets stuck at different places
    Yeah, Preware tends to do this actually - try clicking Menu -> Manage Feeds and deselecting the feeds you think it might be hanging on (themes for example).

But to be honest I regularly have to update the feeds multiple times before it works properly. Instead of closing the app and restarting it, try hitting Menu -> Update Feeds.

If it fails too many times sometimes it will require a restart before it'll work again - I dunno, it's weird...
    While were all here, does anybody know why the flashlight patch isnt working anymore
  20.    #20  
    Yeah, Preware tends to do this actually - try clicking Menu -> Manage Feeds and deselecting the feeds you think it might be hanging on (themes for example).
    You rock times 100....thanks again!!