1.    #1  
    How can I save a text conversation to my pc.. It is still visible on my phone, I just want to transfer it to my pc.. Thanks
    Have a look over here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ng-phones.html

This is the only method that I'm aware of. Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    How do you see your data file. When I hook my phone to pc I just have folders with pictures and stuff. No internal files show at all..
    A quick google search reveals this free service:

Treasuremytext - Save and backup favorite SMS text messages from your phone

Haven't tried it but it may be a nice workaround for you.
    You need to be comfortable with rooting your Pre to do this.

Install WebOS Quick Install, install Novacom and enable Developer mode on your Pre (instructions can be found in the thread I just linked to).

Then load WebOS Quick Install on your PC, and hit TOOLS -> LINUX COMMAND LINE.

From here, copy and paste the following:

Code:
    cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal/
    Now load up your Pre in USB mode as normal (where your pictures are etc) and then you will see the file.

Hope this helps.
    Another option is to go to each conversation and do "copy all" from edit menu. Then paste into an email and send it to yourself. Unfortunately this does not copy the sender of each message.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the help. I will give these a try..
    If its not a long conversation you could always do a screen capture or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    If its not a long conversation you could always do a screen capture or two.
    How do you screen capture? Probably a dumb question.

Thanks
    Orange key + symbol key + P. Just do it once. It doesn't make a sound or any indication that it took the shot but it will be in your photo browser.
  11.    #11  
    It says in the instructions to choose just charge on the device.. I am also unable to cut and paste I am having to type it in manually