View Poll Results: How is your Pre Plus Screen?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect, no problems at all.

11 40.74%
  • Slight clouding/discoloration/ but I can live with it.

14 51.85%
  • Bad clouding/discoloration/dead pixels, I had to exchange it once.

0 0%
  • Bad clouding/discoloration/dead pixels, I had to exchange it multiple times

0 0%
  • Other: because there's always something else - please explain below.

2 7.41%
  1.    #1  
    I might have to return my Pre Plus because of corporate beauracracy. See here if you're really interested.

I seem to have gotten one with very little clouding/discoloration along the bottom, mostly near the right corner. It's not really noticeable to anyone other than me (and that's because I've been reading here and thought to look for it). In addition, there doesn't seem to be any software/app weirdness that others are experiencing except for the GPS glitch that doesn't really bother me.

If it comes down to it I will raise holy at Verizon to make sure I get this phone back - I've been with them since they merged with Bell Atlantic Mobile and was with BAM for years before that. The bigger point is that this shouldn't be an issue at all to begin with.

So, for you Pre Plus owners - how is your screen?
    (This is my first poll on any forum so please forgive if it goes wonky or I break some obscure rule if etiquette.)
    I got slight clouding along the bottom when the screen gets very hot (playing youtube videos, etc), but it's only noticeable on darker videos/screens
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I got slight clouding along the bottom when the screen gets very hot (playing youtube videos, etc), but it's only noticeable on darker videos/screens
    same, at this point I am just living with it. Apart from this the phone works fine and I can wait it out for a new Palm device.
    Screen discoloration really sucks! even I forced to live with it.. still make me feel something wrong with my Pre each time I use it. The screen can't be elegant anymore.

I don't know Palm still have this quality problem on Pre Plus screen. I have sprint pre with this problem.. now I bought Pre Plus, and It STILL have this annoying problem.
    I had the issue with my first one, but the devices after that were fine (meaning no screen issues).
    Is it under warranty? Would the reps believe me if I say I got scren issues but it's not visible at the store?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Is it under warranty? Would the reps believe me if I say I got scren issues but it's not visible at the store?
    At the store you would have to be able to reproduce it. If you call Customer Service, they might not be able to require that over the phone...

Ps, don't confuse "cloudiness" with some bleeding of the LCD light behind the screen. That can be caused by all sorts of software issues, and doesn't necessarily indicate a problem. As the OP said, it only because a problem when someone started posting about it. Same with most of the concern over Oreo. The phone needs a little play for the slider to work, just like flip phones need some play for the spring to snap the phone shut.

Once the alarm was sounded, there was pandemonium. I'm not saying there isn't such a thing as Oreo, I'm saying that it hasn't been as big of a problem lately... but you wouldn't know it from the number of posts about it...

save your flames, please.
    Mine has a little nick and light bleed on the top, I think my wife dropped and didnt tell me about it.