Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. cowkong's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've seen a lot of virtual keyboards but I have never seen one as official and well made as this- Pre virtual keyboard image by GODSxHAND on Photobucket

    I give credit to whoever made this and I think palm should really take a look at this. I copied the picture to my pre and then looked at and it seemed very good to type on. Just thought I'd share this.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowkong View Post
    I've seen a lot of virtual keyboards but I have never seen one as official and well made as this- Pre virtual keyboard image by GODSxHAND on Photobucket

    I give credit to whoever made this and I think palm should really take a look at this. I copied the picture to my pre and then looked at and it seemed very good to type on. Just thought I'd share this.
    That's the one available in preware. Check out the getting started guide here on the forums for getting going with preware. You'll find the virtual keyboard in there.

    If you like having the screen shot...you'll probably like the real thing better
  3. cowkong's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    That's the one available in preware. Check out the getting started guide here on the forums for getting going with preware. You'll find the virtual keyboard in there.

    If you like having the screen shot...you'll probably like the real thing better
    Haha thanks. I wish I cou;d get it but I'm stuck with my Mac running 10.4 for the next year and that just doesn't cut it considering I need java 6.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowkong View Post
    Haha thanks. I wish I cou;d get it but I'm stuck with my Mac running 10.4 for the next year and that just doesn't cut it considering I need java 6.
    Bummer...FWIW it is so simple under snow leopard
  5. #5  
    still has some bugs but looks good
  6. laze's Avatar
    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    #6  
    Does it work in landscape?
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  7. #7  
    yes it does work in landscape
  8. #8  
    I installed the keyboard. how do i get it to load?
  9. #9  
    When entering text double tap on the gesture area and it should pop up.
  10. #10  
    while I give the developer much credit for the VKB but it is unusable at this point. Here are my issues with it:

    1- it is slow to load, takes about 3 seconds
    2- it is VERY slow to switch from portrait to landscape
    3- it does not work well in the email application
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianfern92 View Post
    When entering text double tap on the gesture area and it should pop up.
    Thanks
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cowkong View Post
    Haha thanks. I wish I cou;d get it but I'm stuck with my Mac running 10.4 for the next year and that just doesn't cut it considering I need java 6.
    You can download Ubuntu and set it up with you Mac. Ubuntu is a open source Linux OS, and you can run Java 6 very well on it to.
    For more info on what ubuntu is go here.
    To learn how to get Ubuntu go here.
    - What you do is download it and then install the iso onto a DVD/CD. Then boot from it.

    If you need any more help, just ask.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  13. #13  
    it does look good
  14. #14  
    I am about to get a pre soon, changing from the iPhone...my question is, is the vkb usable? Can I use it for texts?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    I am about to get a pre soon, changing from the iPhone...my question is, is the vkb usable? Can I use it for texts?
    In my opinion no. I use the hardware keyboard a lot more. The virtual keyboard can get slow and there's no autocorrect like the iPhone. Then again it's personal preference. I mostly use the vkb for landscape text.
  16. #16  
    anyone use a blackberry storm go to a pre and like the keyboard more?
  17. cowkong's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    You can download Ubuntu and set it up with you Mac. Ubuntu is a open source Linux OS, and you can run Java 6 very well on it to.
    For more info on what ubuntu is go here.
    To learn how to get Ubuntu go here.
    - What you do is download it and then install the iso onto a DVD/CD. Then boot from it.

    If you need any more help, just ask.
    I've downloaded but I have a question, is this like running a whole new OS on my mac? Will it mess up anything?
  18. #18  
    Warning: We do not allow member calling names here. Please discuss maturely or get out.

Posting Permissions