Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seems like they kind of dropped the ball on making it more two way operable. Hopefeully this will be native on the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Seems like they kind of dropped the ball on making it more two way operable. Hopefeully this will be native on the Pre 2.
    With such a well worded and detailed case presented, how could they do anything but?
    HUH?
    Example?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I think they were a little busy making a totally kickars OS.

Feel free to make a patch though.
    Because the machine is designed to be used with the hardware keyboard. I'd argue actually that besides the machine not having a virtual keyboard for when it's in landscape that it's a perfectly landscape friendly machine. At least as much as an iPhone. The browser runs in landscape, as does the camera and clock programs. Sure the Nav doesn't, nor does any of the system prefs but so what?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Little confused myself, oh well haven't had my first cocktail yet. Let me remedy that.. ;-)
    what "landscape friendly" are you talking about?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Landscape is only useful in web and camera, that's the only time I ever use it. Landscape is not one handed and using two hands is just too much work for me.
    don't forget about landscape notifications.

but besides the lack of a landscape keyboard I woulda liked to have seen sprint nav and the clock while it's on the touchstone in landscape
    Those Palm buggers didn't make the Pre hologram-friendly either
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Those Palm buggers didn't make the Pre hologram-friendly either
    ROFLOL

I was also thinking that since it's a one-handed portrait phone it is quite landscape friendly for video and web, which is what I use landscape for...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  13.    #13  
    Geez ladies, forget I even asked. I should've known I'd get these responses seeing as how landscapephobic this board tends to be. And I did request a patch already for icons to move with the accelometer as well as a few other ideas. Feel free to use it if someone else is able to to the coding.
    landscapephobic
    I dig it
    I hate landscape phones. Especially ones with virtual keyboards. The keyboard takes up 2/3's of the screen. How can that be better than having 100% of the screen in the portrait position?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Geez ladies, forget I even asked. I should've known I'd get these responses seeing as how landscapephobic this board tends to be. And I did request a patch already for icons to move with the accelometer as well as a few other ideas. Feel free to use it if someone else is able to to the coding.
    That would be so neat, imo.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I hate landscape phones. Especially ones with virtual keyboards. The keyboard takes up 2/3's of the screen. How can that be better than having 100% of the screen in the portrait position?
    Then don't use it. I'm not asking for it to be landscapecentric but if there is an accelometer then why not take advantage of it? Maybe some users such as myself enjoy having a more peripheral view. Having to rotate out of it probably makes the phone feel a bit crippled to potential customers as well. I for one would love a landscape vk that works for universal searches. Just because you're "narrow sighted" doesn't mean that others wouldn't appreciate it. Just because I'm asking for a couple rotating icons doesn't mean I'm bashing WebOs either.
    Last edited by stir fry a lot; 01/31/2010 at 12:03 PM.
    Then don't use it. I'm asking for it to the Pre be landscapecentric but if there is an accelometer then why not take advantage of it? Maybe some users such as myself enjoy having a more peripheral view. Having to rotate out of it probably makes the phone feel a bit crippled to potential customers as well.
    In my opinion, I'm happy with the choices as to where LS is available and when it's not.

I don't disagree with your premise, just am not sure what your specific ideas are. Your initial post doesn't offer any specific suggestions and I'm not sure what you mean by...

Having to rotate out of it....
    Having to rotate out of what?
  19.    #19  
    Landscape. Such as if I want to view my photo album while browsing the web.
    I'm sure more landscape functions will be out with future patches. You are right about it being a sweet OS.
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast