Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Landscape. Such as if I want to view my photo album while browsing the web.

If I have a landscape card and a photoalbum card open simulateously...

While viewing in landscape they are both in landscape. I can switch back and forth and both retain the same orientation.

Are you referring to the photo album browser which doesn't support LS?
  2.    #22  
    Yes, I'm talking about the album.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    God forbid someone say something they would like to see better one the PRE. If people didn't like landscape options why is the VK so popular. This is why I don't come on this site much anymore even though I used to love it and still love my PRE. People are starting to act like people are insulting you. Some are trying to figure out how to make it better for themselves and there is nothing wrong with that. It's called personalization and not everyone knows how to write patches. Grow up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    God forbid someone say something they would like to see better one the PRE. If people didn't like landscape options why is the VK so popular. This is why I don't come on this site much anymore even though I used to love it and still love my PRE. People are starting to act like people are insulting you. Some are trying to figure out how to make it better for themselves and there is nothing wrong with that. It's called personalization and not everyone knows how to write patches. Grow up!!
    Amen...to that. I love my pre.
    "I could calculate your chances of survival, but your not gonna like it." Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    >>>>>> My WoW Fan Site <<<<<<
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Generally, terms like "people" can cause confusion.

For the record...this "people" (me) loves the constantly evolving nature of the OS and I think the OP has good ideas.

I'm afraid though to articulate an idea on a forum, specifics can be helpful.

For example, requesting LS support in the albums is not going to get anywhere because the albums already support LS.

The album BROWSER does not support LS. I know in a forum it may sound like I'm trying to be a smart ***...but believe my heart when I say I am not.

I know how these guys (palm etc) think. Send in a request for LS support in photo albums and they will say "That's odd, don't we already."

I'd like to hear more specific ideas for the application of landscape views. I for one would like to see landscape support for the launcher.

BTW...I'm glad you're here now
    Yes, I'm talking about the album.
    i do think this can be added.

however, out of so many functions, so many apps, so many users, i dont know one can easily say Pre is landscape friendly or not based on a need of his/her.

not to mention, one hand operation is a important aspect that Pre was designed for, when people use it with one hand, vertical orientation sure is easier to handle than landscape.
  7.    #27  
    That's all I really want, a couple rotating icons. I'm sorry if I pee'd in anybody's cheerios this morning by not being more specific in my OP and asking for some landscape functions. I said landscape "friendly" not "why isn't WebOS 100% landscape compatible"
    That's all I really want, a couple rotating icons. I'm sorry if I pee'd in anybody's cheerios this morning by not being more specific in my OP and asking for some landscape functions. I said landscape "friendly" not "why isn't WebOS 100% landscape compatible"
    It's all good...I should have made clear that I didn't mean to be a smart alec.
  9.    #29  
    All good.
    That's all I really want, a couple rotating icons.
    this should be done in the app codes that add orientation awareness, rotating icons wouldn't be a good way of doing this.

Im sure WebOS SDK has this, probably just up to each apps to use it.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet View Post
    Generally, terms like "people" can cause confusion.

For the record...this "people" (me) loves the constantly evolving nature of the OS and I think the OP has good ideas.

I'm afraid though to articulate an idea on a forum, specifics can be helpful.

For example, requesting LS support in the albums is not going to get anywhere because the albums already support LS.

The album BROWSER does not support LS. I know in a forum it may sound like I'm trying to be a smart ***...but believe my heart when I say I am not.

I know how these guys (palm etc) think. Send in a request for LS support in photo albums and they will say "That's odd, don't we already."

I'd like to hear more specific ideas for the application of landscape views. I for one would like to see landscape support for the launcher.

BTW...I'm glad you're here now
    Well I didn't mean you specifically, and appologize if you took that personally. I think this would and is to an extent the best site around for the PRE. I'm am tired of people getting flamed for requesting ideas or expressing their concerns and think it is getting out of hand. I've seen post after post of instead of users getting help, they get flammed. I personally would really like to see this go back to the way we used to be, helpfull and respectfull, expecially with all the new users looking here since Verizon is on board now. Most are here for one thing.....our PRE's, most wouldn't be here if we didn't love it enough to buy it.
    The responses here have been nothing short of juvenile.

WebOS is a great OS. Pre is a great device. I mean that with no sarcasm.

But now that we have that out of the way, there does seem to be a pervasive lack of landscape orientation. You have to patch it to get it to work in email, which is an absolute joke. Many apps don't support it, and the menus don't support it.

By contrast, when I was using a Hero for my daily device, everything except for the main Sense UI homescreens were auto-portrait/landscape. I miss it with stuff like YouTube and Sprint Navigation on the Pre.

I would consider it one of the definitive signs of Palm finishing this OS. But no, it's not a world killer. Just rather odd functionality to leave out.
    I was not trying to flame, either, just stating what works for me...also I now understand more what the OP was asking for and they are good ideas.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Just learn to be flexible and adjust to the new technology and style. Even if you had the horizontal keyboard like on the Droid, you'd still be typing with your thumbs.
    So when in landscape mode, just use the thumb and start typing away. After a little practice it will become second nature. After all its not like you can do 75wpm on a tiny keyboard anyway .
    I like landscape because it makes the text larger and more readable without cutting off the ends. Really like the landscape patch for email and PDFview, use it all the time. Wish there was a landscape patch for DocView as well.

As for typing, I have no difficulty with switching back to portrait mode to do that.

Jim
    I wish more news apps and such were landscape friendly...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12