1.    #1  
    hey all. I would appreciate some advice on my situation .

I got the Pre Plus on launch day and for the first 4 days I had insane overheating issues. And then on the 4th day, when the battery was at around 30%, it suddenly died. I tried turning it on, I tried resetting it with the usual methods (power and volume rocker 3 times) and I tried pulling the battery but none of those worked.

then I left it with the charger connected and a few hours later, it turned on by itself.

it's seemed to be fine since, and when I tried to get a replacement at the Verizon store, they wouldn't let me because "they couldn't reproduce the issue immediately". should I be worried about my Pre and try to get it replaced? or is that not that big an issue?

also this is my OCD kicking in, but the battery cover on the back clicks when I press on it, meaning that the battery cover is not flush to the phone itself. it's just realllyy annoying. do you guys know if Verizon would replace a phone simply for that issue? (since I can't seem to replicate the issues during my visits to Verizon)

sorry for the long post, but I'll be really thankful for any advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    hey all. I would appreciate some advice on my situation .

I got the Pre Plus on launch day and for the first 4 days I had insane overheating issues. And then on the 4th day, when the battery was at around 30%, it suddenly died. I tried turning it on, I tried resetting it with the usual methods (power and volume rocker 3 times) and I tried pulling the battery but none of those worked.

then I left it with the charger connected and a few hours later, it turned on by itself.

it's seemed to be fine since, and when I tried to get a replacement at the Verizon store, they wouldn't let me because "they couldn't reproduce the issue immediately". should I be worried about my Pre and try to get it replaced? or is that not that big an issue?

also this is my OCD kicking in, but the battery cover on the back clicks when I press on it, meaning that the battery cover is not flush to the phone itself. it's just realllyy annoying. do you guys know if Verizon would replace a phone simply for that issue? (since I can't seem to replicate the issues during my visits to Verizon)

sorry for the long post, but I'll be really thankful for any advice.
    I'm no Verizon user, so I can't help on that front.

My advice is not to try so hard to fix a phone that's malfunctioning so much because, even if you'd succeeded (which you kinda did), you end up with a phone that you'll always wonder about. "Will it overheat THIS time, while I'm asleep, and burn my house down?"

It'll probably happen again on its own. If that happens, take it in for a replacement. If not, keep your fingers crossed that it was some kind of fluke. Otherwise, I'd CALL Verizon's customer service and tell them what's up. Maybe they'll respond more favorably. If nothing else, it sometimes helps just to talk to a different rep (when the first rep's not around).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I don't think I can be very helpful, but I noticed something about the Pre Plus. When I changed batteries the first time I was dismayed that the unit didn't power up like my old Treo. I quickly learned that you have to push and hold the power button. You probably know this but I didn't read the manual.
    I hope someone else comes along and helps you soon. The cover should be replaced because of the internals possibly becoming contaminated.
    One other suggestion if you're going to use these kinds of forums:

Name your threads more descriptively. Most of these threads are about questions or comments about these devices so you're not giving us any information by naming it "Advice please about my Pre Plus!"

"Pre Plus overheated. Verizon won't replace." or something might help. Sure, it doesn't tell the whole story, but that's what the first post is for - clarifying. Anyway, I'm just making this suggestion as one of the people who tries to help others around here, yet finds himself wasting time on clicking on threads he can't help with. It may sound like a little thing, but multiply this over all the many "help" threads that pop up over these months and years and it adds up.

Especially when we're browsing from our Pre's.

By the way, since your issues came about when your battery was around 30%, then charging seemed to solve the problem, I wonder if the phone was trying to do some type of update or something. It won't do them if the battery's below a certain level. I thought that level was 20%, but maybe that changed for the Plus. Either way, it's a good thing to be aware of. (Sometimes a lotta data transfer will heat up the phone some.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    One other suggestion if you're going to use these kinds of forums:

Name your threads more descriptively. Most of these threads are about questions or comments about these devices so you're not giving us any information by naming it "Advice please about my Pre Plus!"

"Pre Plus overheated. Verizon won't replace." or something might help. Sure, it doesn't tell the whole story, but that's what the first post is for - clarifying. Anyway, I'm just making this suggestion as one of the people who tries to help others around here, yet finds himself wasting time on clicking on threads he can't help with. It may sound like a little thing, but multiply this over all the many "help" threads that pop up over these months and years and it adds up.

Especially when we're browsing from our Pre's.

By the way, since your issues came about when your battery was around 30%, then charging seemed to solve the problem, I wonder if the phone was trying to do some type of update or something. It won't do them if the battery's below a certain level. I thought that level was 20%, but maybe that changed for the Plus. Either way, it's a good thing to be aware of. (Sometimes a lotta data transfer will heat up the phone some.)

yeah thanks for the heads up about the title. I'll definitely keep that in mind since I'm a noob around here.

but I know that my phone was doing nothing when it died out (even messenger was turned off and no cards opened).

I guess in terms of daily issues is really just the back cover being really loose, it gets looser every day. does anybody know if that's reason enough to get a replacement? I definitely am worried about dust coming in quicker than normal (I'm seeing alot of dust inside) and it's also annoying as hell to hold...