1.    #1  
    So since launch, i am on my third pre plus...

here were the issues i had.

First Pre: Light leak on screen, could not open help app, engadget app, phone laggy.

Second Pre: worked great, faster, still light leak, help app worked, engadget app worked.. flaw? the slider clicked. when slid open, if you pressed on the screen, the phone would click, sounding very similar to a blackberry storm.

third pre: everything works, no click noise, no light leaks, all apps work, fast.

i love this phone, had no intentions on giving up on it, i knew id find one that would work perfect out of box.

i know i had a post asking if anyone else had issues on verizon with the help icon not loading or engadget, or other apps. i believe this is worth replacing, take advantage of your 30 day. even after doing a hard reset on my first pre, nothing was resolved and tech support told me i should get phone replaced. but everything works great now.

i am however dissapointed in palm... you would think that after 7 months of this phone being out they could get a few hardware kinks out?

oh well, i got one working great now, very satisfied now.

just thought id post this in case anyone else having these issues on verizon can see they arent the only ones and look at the possibilities of getting phone replaced.
    damn your 3rd pre plus? didnt the plus jus come out and your on #3 already?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    lucky. I tried getting my Pre Plus replaced but the Verizon store I go to (in La Jolla, CA) wouldn't let me replace it. I've had so many issues with the employees because all of them are incompetent. I'm gonna have to go to another Verizon store soon ..

can somebody explain to me what it means when you have a "light leak"? and maybe pics too please? Thanks im noob :P
    jeez, I would of hoped palm would of got their act together by now on hte hardware end. Thats to bad, glad you got a good one finally though.

Um, andrew, if i were you i would call verizon while in hte store after they tell you no and ask to speak directly to a supervisor, if you make a stink about it, in front of them with their names available,they will help you, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    lucky. I tried getting my Pre Plus replaced but the Verizon store I go to (in La Jolla, CA) wouldn't let me replace it. I've had so many issues with the employees because all of them are incompetent. I'm gonna have to go to another Verizon store soon ..

can somebody explain to me what it means when you have a "light leak"? and maybe pics too please? Thanks im noob :P
    The light leak is basically around the front of the device it only happens to me on boot up. You basically see light through the black parts on the front of your device where the screen extends to on the inside.

The only problems I see with this pre are the light leaks which is just cosmetic and my keyboard for some reason likes to do double letters when I only hit a key once. ie: ddogg instead of dog. My touchstone is also acting quite weird like when its charged all the way it keeps making that freaking noise its sooooo annoying. It wakes me up at night.

I wonder if that warrants a return?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Funny...I have a launch day Sprint Pre and my help app and engadget app stopped working. They once work but stopped. Called Palm and they have no reason for it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I had two Palm Pre Plusses. The first had a bubble under the screen in the upper left hand corner and the store replaced it forr me. The second was really loose while the slider was up. It had a very noticeable click when swiping or touching the screen. I went yesterday to replace and they said if it doesn't affect the functionality they wouldn't exchange it. I let them knlw my first one was nice and tight when open but they didn't care. I paid full retail for it so I told them if they wouldn't exchange it I wanted to return it and they were fine with that. I wasn't going to pay 600+ for a phone and have a loose slider. I figure I may try to find one on ebay or order directly from palm's website
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    The light leak is basically around the front of the device it only happens to me on boot up. You basically see light through the black parts on the front of your device where the screen extends to on the inside.

The only problems I see with this pre are the light leaks which is just cosmetic and my keyboard for some reason likes to do double letters when I only hit a key once. ie: ddogg instead of dog. My touchstone is also acting quite weird like when its charged all the way it keeps making that freaking noise its sooooo annoying. It wakes me up at night.

I wonder if that warrants a return?
    I think that's caused by the back light not being fully covered? Either way, I call that a manufacture defect.
    I can't believe that quality hasn't improved at all. I am sorry but palm deserves to fail and we are not being good consumers if we keep buying there crap.
    I order mine tomorrow, but I have to use the online store to take advantage of my company discounts with VZW. Hope I get a good unit out of the box because I don't want to have to keep sending it back. Too many days in the mail.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    I can't believe that quality hasn't improved at all. I am sorry but palm deserves to fail and we are not being good consumers if we keep buying there crap.
    This is exactly how I feel and people seemed to get on my case about it.

I have a Sprint Pre with issues (2nd one) that I am living with. I am giving Palm until the next device (whatever replaces the Pre on Sprint) to get their act together. If they don't, I'll never buy a Palm product again and will move over to Android. Yes I will miss webOS but this lack of quality is simply unacceptable in my opinion.
  12.    #12  
    i love this phone, as long as it holds up im alright, thankfully i have another upgrade just in case. ive noticed after a day use this third pre clicks when slid up as well when you press against it, just not as bad as the second one. my first one was completely tight, no loose ends, no click. so im guessing majority are like this, ill live with it. idk if there is a fix for it. i came from having a droid to getting this, the droid is too big, keyboard is pointless. the size of this phone is perfect and i prefer webos over android. but for such a big device it really was built well and build wise i miss the droid, but verizon will be getting a lot more androids, i have my other upgrade, we will see. ive waited 7 months for vzw to get this phone, i am happy with it, just dissapointed in the sense that the phone should be close to perfect by now. its a shame.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    My touchstone is also acting quite weird like when its charged all the way it keeps making that freaking noise its sooooo annoying. It wakes me up at night.
    Mine does the same thing... so annoying.... makes the touchstone pretty much useless.