Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Not trying to complain too much here, but I honestly just don't see what all the hype is about with multitasking. I do like We OS, and I'm not sure if this is just a problem with my phone, but when I'm running the music player and browsing the web everything is painfully slow. I only have TWO apps open and the scrolling and pinch zooming are really laggy. When I close the music player it speeds up again and I can have a bunch of apps open without slowing the browser, but I like browsing the web while listening to music. Does anyone else notice this? Do you have any suggestions or methods that could speed things up? I do have a few homebrew apps and preware installed, but I've noticed this slowness even right after doctoring it.
  2. danielkx's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #2  
    i do not listen to music much on my pre plus, but i just loaded my music player and a song, then loaded up the web browser and started browsing. Didnt really notice a significant slowdown with both apps open.

    I have about 15 patches installed via preware and no slowdowns.
  3. #3  
    I don't listen to music that much while browsing, but there are TONS of times where I'll have Twitter, a web page or two, my email, and a couple of text messages open.

    I can't not have multitasking anymore.
  4. #4  
    I don't listen to music a whole lot, but it's not unusual for me to be listening to a podcast while surfing the web, text messaging and emailing. They all work together great without any lag for me.
  5. #5  
    I routinely listen to music (using the Music Player Remix) and browse at the same time without any problems... and I usually have Friends Flow and Tweed up at the same time too.

    It makes my bus ride to work tolerable. hahaha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  6. #6  
    Haven't had a problem with this, although I have never used the actual player on the phone, just Pandora and Radiotime.
  7. #7  
    Perhaps your MP3s are very high bitrate? Just throwing ideas out there... I don't have your problem either.
  8.    #8  
    Hmmm, at first I thought maybe it was because I didn't have a fast internet connection or 3g coverage, but it's slow (scrolling and zooming in particular) even after the page has fully loaded. The homebrew music remix seems to make things even slower, even when just operated by itself.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    Perhaps your MP3s are very high bitrate? Just throwing ideas out there... I don't have your problem either.
    I don't think so, I'm pretty sure I set the quality to medium on the mp3's.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf79 View Post
    Hmmm, at first I thought maybe it was because I didn't have a fast internet connection or 3g coverage, but it's slow (scrolling and zooming in particular) even after the page has fully loaded. The homebrew music remix seems to make things even slower, even when just operated by itself.
    I'll agree that the Music Player remix really bogs down the phone :/
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I routinely listen to music (using the Music Player Remix) and browse at the same time without any problems... and I usually have Friends Flow and Tweed up at the same time too.

    It makes my bus ride to work tolerable. hahaha
    Ok, well maybe it's my phone. Music Remix is also really slow on my phone. There's a lot of lag with scrolling and browsing through folders, but it's not slow like that all the time. It's weird.
  12. #12  
    The music players really need some work and optimization... but there is a little lag when the music player is doing some caching and listing music. But alot of us battery conscious people dont go near the music player lol
  13. #13  
    damn I cant believe no one said to just try a shut down or restart, it sound to me that you have a memory leak. I suggest pulling the battery then cold boot. let me know what happens
  14. #14  
    I haven't experienced any lag whatsoever while surfing listening to high bitrate MP3's and texting. Try a windows mobile device and you will find out what lag is hahaha.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by alijahg34 View Post
    damn I cant believe no one said to just try a shut down or restart, it sound to me that you have a memory leak. I suggest pulling the battery then cold boot. let me know what happens
    Ok, I'll give it a try. How about doing a Luna Restart? Does that reset the memory or do you have to do a battery pull for that?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    I haven't experienced any lag whatsoever while surfing listening to high bitrate MP3's and texting. Try a windows mobile device and you will find out what lag is hahaha.
    Really? I haven't tried many windows phones, but the few that I did try I really hated. The Pre is a pretty damned amazing phone, I just can't wait until we get to 3.0 or so when they've worked out all the bugs and we get to see what this thing's really capable of.
  17. #17  
    yea I can get some lag doing both operations, as someone else stated try a battery pull or just a reset and it should be back to normal
  18. #18  
    You're kidding, right? You mean to say that you have NOT rebooted before posting this? How old are you? Do you have a computer? Not dissing you, but seriously? Treat the Pre LIKE a computer. What do you do when things slow down on your PC/Mac?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    You're kidding, right? You mean to say that you have NOT rebooted before posting this? How old are you? Do you have a computer? Not dissing you, but seriously? Treat the Pre LIKE a computer. What do you do when things slow down on your PC/Mac?
    Actually, tough guy, I have tried rebooting several times before I posted this thread. I was just asking what the quickest way was to reset the memory because I don't feel like doing a 10 min restart every time I want to listen to music and browse the web. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then go kick some rocks.
  20. #20  
    Nice reply there bud. But from the previous posts, sounds like you had no clue. I normally don't post negatives here. But seriously? You never mentioned you rebooted - not one time. Tough guy? Please dude, I never called you names either. Wanna meet somewhere now or something, TOUGH GUY?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions