Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have a first gen Pre running 1.3.5.1 and nothing will connect to it anymore and I have no idea why. Both a Linux machine (Ubuntu 9.10 x64) and Windows (XP SP3 x86) give the same errors. Anytime I run anything, they simply say they could not connect to my device.

Preware gives:
    Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

novacom gives:
    failed to connect to server

WOSQI gives:
    ERROR: No device detected.

webOSDoctor.jar is in the same directory as the other jars.
    The Pre is in Dev mode.
    Tried rebooting the Pre including removing the battery.
    Tried exiting Dev mode, rebooting, entering Dev mode.
    Tried pulling down latest version of all files.
    USB is on a powered port, not a hub.

Why will nothing connect?
    Last edited by jwhite530; 01/30/2010 at 09:38 PM.
    if your running vista send my a private message with your email and i will send you my modified version of novacom driver for vista . novacom has trouble with some vista computers. if you want to try it just send. also i have seen issue with usb cables being bad and usb ports being bad so check those as well to see if they are still working properly.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    As it says in my post, the Windows computer is XP, not Vista. I have also already tried different ports and cables.

*edit* Also, would anyone know if there is a way to stop having updates forced on you?
    I usually have to plug-in, un-plug, plug-in, un-plug...etc 4 or 5 times to get my Pre to be recognized. I use an updated xp OS. Same thing for trying to use My Tether. After I plug in the Pre I watch for my computer to see if it tries to get an IP address from the Pre. If it doesn't I unplug the Pre and wait for the "hardware unplugged" sound to play. After I hear it, then I plug in the Pre again. I do this till I see the network connection made. Now I try to start up Firefox. It usually hangs and will not start up till I unplug the Pre. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue, you may be having the same issue.
    check the services.msc and look at the palm novacom service. Is it set to start automatically? Does it see it when you select usb? Also when possible try using usb ports on the back of the machine, they tend to get more power...

Look at webos-internals.org for info on disabling the update daemon to disable automatic updates.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    This what I like about MacOSX. You don't have to worry about these things. (not that I can say the samething for the iPhone).
    I sounds like it's a novacom error. I suggest doing what mrluserpunk said above.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    @mrloserpunk
    The Windows PC is my work machine which I will not have access to until Monday. What would be the equiv for the novacom service on Linux as I don't have a daemon named that but the executable does exist.

@Rennat
    Don't act like OSX doesn't have issues, ******. I love Linux but acknowledge its faults. OSX is good, but how Apple as a company acts makes me never want to buy any of their products.

*edit The word f a n b o y is blocked???
    Check your network connections. If there is one that says Pre disable it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    No connections named Pre.
    Maybe the USB port is in diag mode. try changing it with ##USBPASS
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    @Unixphycho

Could you provide more details on that, I have no idea what that means and I couldn't find anything on it.
    what about virus protection is it turned off or windows defender is it stopping the process ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I tried disabling SEP and it still fails. The Linux box does not have any antivirus or SELinux.
    sorry just brainstorming is all
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    did you get that email i sent you? that driver did not work either?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I don't have access to a Windows machine to test that driver until tomorrow.
    you need to get a windows computer then lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    have you tried doing the quick tests and interactive tests to see if all the hardware and software is good ? if not go into device info app and swipe down top left and do the tests and see what it finds out for you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Tests worked just fine, still doesn't connect.

I'll take a Linux box over Windows any day.
    Last edited by jwhite530; 02/01/2010 at 01:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Still fails in the new 3.0.1 WOSQI, have not had a chance to try the other Windows driver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast