Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I get my new Pre Plus on monday. I'm coming from a well functioning but somewhat unexciting BBerry Storm. I must have been one of the lucky ones that got one of the storms that worked well from the beginning as I am still on the first phone. I hate to admit that OS 5 on that phone made it reasonably usable, but I feel like it has not allowed me to do what I want on my phone easily.

I'm looking forward to playing with the Pre Plus. What do y'all recommend I do/install first. I've already looked at the hacks page and the faq. I just want to know what everyone considers to be must do changes and must have programs.

Sounds like I may not enjoy the GPS as much on this based on what I'm seeing on the recent thread. Hope that is fixed eventually - but I use a car GPS often so not a biggie.

Anyone know of a good alternative to Poynt on the WebOS platform? I'm happy that it looks like more things on this phone are changeable for those that want to bother with installing "patches". Can the patches we install be backed up in one place for easy re-install as a pack or in some way make it easier to redo the phone if necessary?

What do you all consider to be the best way to install patches?

Thanks in advance for all the good advice I know I'll get.
    Last edited by tekkshaman; 01/31/2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Get preware installed on your phone, that is the easiest solution to installing apps, and patches that I have seen in the 5 days that I have had mine. But then again I am still learning all the cool things that these phones are capable of.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Yes, preware is a must for sure. I got my pre plus on the 26th and installed preware immediately. I think i have 15 or 16 patches installed on my pre.

Preware is, from my limited experience, the easiest way to install patches. Once you install preware, just scroll through the patches menu and just install the patches you think would improve your pre.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I made the jump from the BB storm and I LOVE my pre. I missed BBM for about a day and a half. For the most popular apps you'll find that they have a webOS version (trapster, pandora), for some others you'll find a replacement (ubertwitter, tetherberry), for some others you'll just have to wait (ebay, shazam).
    I had mine since Tuesday, so I have lots to learn. The pre is fully synced with your online accounts, so "delete on handheld" is not an option. I have yet to get used to the way webOS handles email. It is not "push". Some accounts are better than others (Yahoo vs hotmail). I do not use exchange.

Browsing the web and the UI are amazing!!! light years ahead of the latest 5.0.4xx. On the flip side, battery life sucks. The storm wasn't that great either, but the pre is worse. If you are like me, you already have chargers all over anyways (the port is the same).

You'll like some, you'll compromise some, but over all I think the pre is a superior device. welcome to the club.
    two touchstones and a car charger
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info everyone. Preware sounds like the way to go. Being able to select and apply is what I was hoping was an option.

I hope having gmail and an imap account that supports idle, that I'll be able to sync the email on those accounts pretty quickly and easily. Though I work with exchange for clients all the time, I don't currently use exchange myself. Does anyone know if the Pre Plus will do subfolders on an imap account? I'd presume you could subscribe to what you want...

How do you all feel about the touchstone? Everything I've heard is great.

gordazo - do your old chargers for wall and car work ok - are there power spec issues?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Yes on the imap folders. The touchstone is cool and convenient. I have one at home and one at work.
    The chargers work ok so far. Not aware of any spec issues.
    two touchstones and a car charger
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Change thread title?