Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip34 View Post
    lol...naaa i thought that was ur name, neways I knw I'm bothering you a lot but I'm just been very careful cause I knw one mistake n I could mess up my ph...so I just enter that on line (mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr".) ONLY THAT LINE, n the phone will reset back to 500 mhz??? N again sorry to keep on bothering you, I knw you knw urstuff
    No worries. We are here to help.

Yes, that will put back the original Palm binary.

Its better to be safe when doing these kind of hacks... one slip up and you'll be visiting the webOS Doctor.
    Live free or DIE!
  2.    #62  
    lol thanx man
  3.    #63  
    unixpsycho do you knw a way of finding out how to check if I really did it right, I want to knw if I'm really on 600 mhz...I think I did causewhen I got done the phone reset itself n it feels faster but I wish there was a way I could knwfor sure
    unixpsycho do you knw a way of finding out how to check if I really did it right, I want to knw if I'm really on 600 mhz...I think I did causewhen I got done the phone reset itself n it feels faster but I wish there was a way I could knwfor sure
    oops. I posted it on the last page but I didnt explain.

enter this command to see what the current CPU speed is:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

Use WOSQI or novacom to enter the command.
    Live free or DIE!
  5.    #65  
    cool thanx
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Unixpsycho,
    I am not able to get back to stock speed using the commands above. i used your original script to get to 600mhz

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

now I am using your above script and when i put in mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr, it says LunaSysMgr.orig not found. i have tried in terminal and WOSQI, but no luck.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    do i have to remove this bfore an update, n if i do, how do i remove it
    I updated from 1.31-1.3.5-1.3.5.1 with no issues.
    that being said, it's always possible a new update may overwrite or cause conflict with luna.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlsroufe View Post
    Unixpsycho,
    I am not able to get back to stock speed using the commands above. i used your original script to get to 600mhz

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr
    mv LunaSysMgr LunaSysMgr.orig
    mv newlunasysmgr LunaSysMgr
    chmod +x LunaSysMgr
    sync
    mount -o remount,ro /
    pkill LunaSysMgr

now I am using your above script and when i put in mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr, it says LunaSysMgr.orig not found. i have tried in terminal and WOSQI, but no luck.
    Did you try this:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin
    mv LunaSysMgr.orig LunaSysMgr
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    WHY would anyone do this? Ever??

The phone is NOT slow out of the box..a bit laggy at times..but not slow.

So again..Why take the chance?

If someone says it has messed their phone up how can some of you say "well, I dont think it would hurt anything.." It is proven to hurt A LOT of things..noobs..I swear..
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    yes typed it in just like that

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin

says LunaSysMgr.orig file not detected

weird. not a big deal, I am happy at 600mhz. just wanted to be able to disable it before the update, just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by chblogs View Post
    WHY would anyone do this? Ever??

The phone is NOT slow out of the box..a bit laggy at times..but not slow.

So again..Why take the chance?

If someone says it has messed their phone up how can some of you say "well, I dont think it would hurt anything.." It is proven to hurt A LOT of things..noobs..I swear..

And the same argument can go for "why the F### would anyone want to overclock their PC?" it is proven to fry CPUs as well. Why are motherboards designed to overclock CPUs when n00bs will definitely screw it up? but people do it. If they break it then its their fault. Its the life of being free to do what you want with what you bought.

I forgot to mention the phone so-called "overclocks" to 600Mhz while playing games. pwn3d.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 02/07/2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: forgot to add
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlsroufe View Post
    yes typed it in just like that

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /usr/bin

says LunaSysMgr.orig file not detected

weird. not a big deal, I am happy at 600mhz. just wanted to be able to disable it before the update, just in case
    That's not good. Either the original patch went terribly wrong and didnt create a backup of the original or the patch didnt work so you might still be running at 500.

If you dont have the backup file then its no big deal, the next update will overwrite the LunaSysMgr binary. Or you can visit the webOS Doctor.
    Live free or DIE!
    hate to turn the thread off-topic but by any chance would anyone know the command to overclock to say 650-700 mhz (i dont care about stability too much just want to give it a try)
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    hate to turn the thread off-topic but by any chance would anyone know the command to overclock to say 650-700 mhz (i dont care about stability too much just want to give it a try)

I've been trying to overclock my Xbox 360 so I can play Call of Duty without any lag.

any help would be appreciated.
    Live free or DIE!
    sounds like you need a ps3
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    sounds like you need a ps3
    My PS3 is only good for playing movies. why would I want to play games on that thing? that's like buying an iPhone.
    Live free or DIE!
    except it wouldnt have a half eaten fruit on it
    but that half eaten fruit means you're cool.... and you get chicks.
    Live free or DIE!
    yep thats y i put that little apple sticker that came with my ipod on the back of my pre
    Just FYI, I put the sed "s/500000/600000/g" LunaSysMgr > newlunasysmgr method of clocking the cpu and have had 0 issues.

Overnight, ~8 hours the phone used 25% of the battery. This is with very poor signal, wifi, gps, bluetooth and phone radio on.

I have 64 packages installed. I did have some weirdness with a few packages but uninstalling/reinstalling them solved those.
    Last edited by joepostal; 02/07/2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling..
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast