Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    To clarify, there was an issue with the early batch of OMAP processors in that Ti found that a significant number would have greatly reduced life at 600mhz. The rumor is that the current cpu's shouldn't have this issue, but YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    LOL...used QR deCODEr to read your avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    LOL...used QR deCODEr to read your avatar
    Now if only the Pre can have that app.
    Live free or DIE!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    would you prefer using vi?
    I never used vi on binary files either I'm just not so sure it's safe to use a text editor to replace a character string in a binary. Especially one as important as LunaSysMgr. Are you guys sure there are no other issues with this method?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooknn View Post
    I never used vi on binary files either I'm just not so sure it's safe to use a text editor to replace a character string in a binary. Especially one as important as LunaSysMgr. Are you guys sure there are no other issues with this method?
    I 1st used hexedit which worked fine but I thought I might as well use sed since it only replaces exactly what is told. The md5 from the hexedit and sed were the same.

I'm sure much more would be broken if sed got carried away.
    Live free or DIE!
    It works fine and dandy like summer candy! :-D
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I 1st used hexedit which worked fine but I thought I might as well use sed since it only replaces exactly what is told. The md5 from the hexedit and sed were the same.

I'm sure much more would be broken if sed got carried away.
    Quote Originally Posted by livinofframen View Post
    It works fine and dandy like summer candy! :-D
    Cool
    Now if only the Pre can have that app.
    Pre does have that app, check the palm web feed for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Pre does have that app, check the palm web feed for it.
    damn. I would check but my Pre power button broke recently and i'm waiting for a replacement. foot in mouth.
    Live free or DIE!
    Type Line.enter.Type Line.enter.Type Line.enter. So forth, so on. That's general Linux.
    Oops nevermind.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I set the CPU at 600MHz on the pre plus. seems to working great, no issues so far. But do should we should change it back before we install new updates. have there been any problems with people that have clocked theirs at 600 and installing new updates?
    Just set my Pre Plus to 600mhz. I'm going to run some speed test with my friends stock Pre Plus to see if there's a difference. I'll post back later with results.
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    What ls the deal in 6 mo we upgrade to a newer model. I don't believe anyone who says 600Hz is bad for the phone. I do believe the early patches were designed poorly.
    Again, Ti themselves (who make the OMAP3 processor in the Pre and the Pre being the fist to use it) stated that early batches of the chip had a fabication fault that significantly reduced the CPU's lifespan to 6 months or less at the full clock speed. Current Pre builds may/may not still have this problem.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Is there any chance that we'll see OMAP 4 in the next generation webOS phone?
    This stuff looks sweet

OMAP™ 4 Key Benefits

* Designed to drive smart phones and Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs)
    * IVA 3 hardware accelerators enable full HD 1080p, multi-standard video encode/decode
    * Faster, higher-quality image and video capture with digital SLR-like imaging up to 20 megapixels
    * Dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
    * Integrated POWERVR™ SGX540 graphics accelerator drives 3D gaming and 3D user interfaces
    * Highly optimized mobile applications platform
    * OMAP4430 operates at up to 720 MHz
    * OMAP4440 operates at 1+ GHz
    Is there any chance that we'll see OMAP 4 in the next generation webOS phone?
    This stuff looks sweet

OMAP™ 4 Key Benefits

* Designed to drive smart phones and Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs)
    * IVA 3 hardware accelerators enable full HD 1080p, multi-standard video encode/decode
    * Faster, higher-quality image and video capture with digital SLR-like imaging up to 20 megapixels
    * Dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
    * Integrated POWERVR™ SGX540 graphics accelerator drives 3D gaming and 3D user interfaces
    * Highly optimized mobile applications platform
    * OMAP4430 operates at up to 720 MHz
    * OMAP4440 operates at 1+ GHz
    I hit that up on Twitter earlier today. However, after reading the review on slashgear, it looks like this is geared towards a slate-like device. It does smoke the Tegra and Snapdraggon though...
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    ...after reading the review on slashgear, it looks like this is geared towards a slate-like device. It does smoke the Tegra and Snapdraggon though...
    I just read the article you referenced on Slashgear, and although they do mention that there are smartphones in the pipeline for OMAP4, unfortunately we won't see anything until 2011. That blows. So what kind of hardware upgrade can we expect in June? That is, if we see anything at all
  18.    #38  
    do i have to remove this bfore an update, n if i do, how do i remove it
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    600 will speed up your pre and also eat your battery up. i'm happy with smartreflex 500.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    enabling 600mhz does seem to eat up the battery life. i have a pre plus with a 1350 exended battery and i guage it by measuring my battery drain while streaming music with pandora. over EVDO it was 29%/hr with 600mhz enabled. i then enabled smartreflex through command line in terminal and it has decreased by half to 14%/hr over EVDO. I am very pleased. i think this is the way the phone was meant to be. it may come in a later palm update, but i dont want to wait.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast