Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Just bought a new Pre, so far I like this little phone. I switched from the Instinct, horrible, horrible phone , could have been a great phone but never lived up to it's potential. When I "lost it" (at least that's what my wife thinks )I decided not to replace it. I looked at other smart phones but this one really caught my eye, unique & interesting. I had a Treo 650 previous to the instinct but I didn't really like it that much. The Pre is a world away from that, I really love the GUI, light years ahead of the Instinct. The Pre is missing some functionality that I liked in the Instinct but I'm already finding 3rd party app support is soooooooo much better than the Instincts, I don't doubt I can find everything I miss that I liked in the Instinct eventually. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I'm looking forward to learning more about this phone...
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Hate to piggyback onto another thread but I figure since it's here already, let me say I'm a new Pre owner as well, my new toy arrived yesterday from Sprint. I was an old Helio customer transferred to Virgin Mobile after VM bought Helio, after Sprint then bought VM they offered to then transfer me to Sprint. They let me out of the old VM contract with no ETF, gave me $50 off the new customer price of a phone, free shipping and activation, I'd always wanted a Pre so I jumped at the opportunity. After owning a Pantech Ocean and then Ocean 2 the Pre is quite the jump in features and complexity, looking forward to my time here and learning more about my new phone.
    well to both of you.
    Besides the cards, what's so great about the Pre over the Ocean 2? I still have the Ocean 2 due to my cheap plan. I might buy a Pre if I could use it with my Helio plan but I'm still in love with the Ultimate Inbox. Anyway, it's a lot cheaper for me to pay full price for the phone than to get a Sprint plan for 2 years.
    @ Shaw_2112 & Jeff W, welcome to the world of WebOS. If you need any help or have questions, this is the place to come. Check out the spot posted by Irocdaspot513, that's a good place to start. Enjoy your new phones. *
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation