1.    #1  
    stopped in verizone today and pitted my sprint pre against the pre plus and I don't know what it is but my overly tweaked pre with all the apps that I have installed was faster, even nfs loaded faster . Now of course it can run more apps at one time than the PRE but other than that and the lack of the button, all I'm missing is verizones big bills . And no they didn't get the video camera yet, but the rep did say that a palm rep was there earlier and told him that we would all (every PRE user) get the video camera on feb 12th but the verizone rep didn't know about 1.4 he didn't even know what it was, not shocking since he's just a sales rep trying to make a buck .. Hey I got an idea ! Maybe verizone can help the guy out with that by doing a little advertising .
    1.4 comes with video recording. so if we should expect that if video is recording coming then its the with the update.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    That would be nice, but I wouldn't count on what a VZW Rep says anyway.. nor any other wireless rep for that matter.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I thought the Pre Plus is on Verizon ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    That would be nice, but I wouldn't count on what a VZW Rep says anyway.. nor any other wireless rep for that matter.
    I RESENT THAT!!!! im a radioshack employee, i sell sprint att and tmob... i do my job darn well because i know what im talking about! plus i love my pre!!! so not all of us are complete morons....now verizon is morons from the top down so thats thier issue.... i was just telling a custome 10 minutes ago about how we will have flash and video editing within a few weeks, he was quite interested. then i told him about tether and other homebrew and he waqs even more interested...some of us do indeed know what were talking about. so for those reps out there that do then this is for us lol
    Bleeding edge information here! About Verizone PRE. And everything. Mr. Reynolds has the inside track; definitely keep an eye on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    I RESENT THAT!!!! im a radioshack employee, i sell sprint att and tmob... i do my job darn well because i know what im talking about!
    lol You gotta lighten up, bud. No one was insulting you; you posted this same rant about a month ago over a similar comment and nothing has changed since then. Fact is, the average radioshack/vzw/sprint/tmo rep really is ignorant. That's great that you aren't, but you're one of the very few. You gotta accept that and move on, my friend
    Last edited by theweaselslayer; 01/30/2010 at 05:29 PM.
    If they said Feb 12th, then it will be the 14th. They are usually a day or 2 late.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I don't know why it has to be a competition between the two phones. We should all be happy that Palm is expanding its carriers to get more phones out to people. I for one like Verizon. I had Sprint for 5 years when I first got a cell phone and was fairly happy with their service, but I prefer Verizon. I've had crappy Sprint reps before too, so it's not just Verizon.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Verizon is too expensive for me. But, let's be honest, Pre Plus is better. More memory and 16GB space. I am sure when you start recording videos, the extra 8GB would be handy.

I think Pre Plus is a better phone in all areas. It should be and it is. For people like me the difference is not enough for me to move to a different carrier, but for someone like Verizon service and can pay for the price, Pre Plus is better.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quite true... But ever since sprint just knocked my bill to 34$ a month before taxes... it's hard to justify anything else lol
    So we finally get a date with some proof to it! Thanks!
    Well, I'd say 1.4 is gonna come out within the next 29 days....that's from the boss himself since he said that at CES..... "in february"
    Well, I'd say 1.4 is gonna come out within the next 29 days....that's from the boss himself since he said that at CES..... "in february"