1.    #1  
    Verizon has me totally infuriated. I need to change the account to my name because I recently found out I am eligible for a discount through my employer. If I do this, it voids the manufacturers warranty on my 2 DAY OLD Pre. My only solution is to return the phone, change the account name then get a new phone. I'm hoping that if I go the the VZW store, they'll deactivate, change and then give me back the same phone.

If they don't, can I just re-populate the data (including preware, patches,apps, et. al.) on the new phone through the Palm profile?

TIA!
    Christa
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver27 View Post
    Verizon has me totally infuriated. I need to change the account to my name because I recently found out I am eligible for a discount through my employer. If I do this, it voids the manufacturers warranty on my 2 DAY OLD Pre. My only solution is to return the phone, change the account name then get a new phone. I'm hoping that if I go the the VZW store, they'll deactivate, change and then give me back the same phone.

If they don't, can I just re-populate the data (including preware, patches,apps, et. al.) on the new phone through the Palm profile?

TIA!
    Christa
    No, the Palm Profile does not store that data, as homebrew is... homebrew and NOT official.

I can only recommend this to you:

Run a backup before going to the Verizon store
    Manually backup your contacts to a computer (typing them in to a text editor)
    Hope they give you your phone back..
    If not, then you will need to reinstall Preware and ipkgsvc (Package Manager Service) and all of your patches/apps, but the Palm Profile, when restored, should reinstall all of your official apps
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup