Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. csal80's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
       #1  
    does anyone agree that the next pre really needs to improve the design of the headphones and the jack itself? For one, the hadphones are made out of the most annoying material. They are always getting caught on things and the anti tangle slider has difficulty sliding since the material is so course. Also, I experience much interference when any type of movement happens to the top of the headphone jack. Palm needs to make this connection tighter next go round. Any thoughts anyone?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    does anyone agree that the next pre really needs to improve the design of the headphones and the jack itself? For one, the hadphones are made out of the most annoying material. They are always getting caught on things and the anti tangle slider has difficulty sliding since the material is so course. Also, I experience much interference when any type of movement happens to the top of the headphone jack. Palm needs to make this connection tighter next go round. Any thoughts anyone?
    No.
  3. #3  
    I couldn't disagree more. I love the headphones and the only change I would make is move the jack to the left edge. That's it.
  4. #4  
    The headphones, like all bundled headphones with any MP3 player, ever(with only a very few exceptions), are crap, and I put them in a desk never to been seen again 5 minutes after opening the box.

    The actual jack on the pre is fine, but the headphones that come with it arent.
  5. #5  
    Who ever uses the cheapo headphones that ships with smartphones these days? Me, I prefer the headphone jack at the top.
  6. #6  
    What are the headphones always getting caught on?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    does anyone agree that the next pre really needs to improve the design of the headphones and the jack itself? For one, the hadphones are made out of the most annoying material. They are always getting caught on things and the anti tangle slider has difficulty sliding since the material is so course. Also, I experience much interference when any type of movement happens to the top of the headphone jack. Palm needs to make this connection tighter next go round. Any thoughts anyone?
    Yeah, I feel you but what do you expect for free. And yes, the wire gets caught on clothing when you try to move but their free.
  8. csal80's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
       #8  
    even if I use good headphones the connection is shotty.
  9. #9  
    I use the headphones that came with the Pre if I want to be able to answer the phone, since my "good" headphones don't have a mic.

    Jim
  10. #10  
    The headphone jack is great for me, when I am at the gym and my pre sits in its sleeping bag in the treadmill cup holder...it points strait up just like my ipod! Thus is one of the reasons y my ipod is getting used less and less!
  11. seistoes's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    #11  
    I was pleasantly surprised with how good the Pre heaphones are. I like using them to answer calls at the office while multitasking on the computer. Also, the magnet feautre is handy to secure around my neck when not in use. Furthermore, they never seem to tangle.
    The only thing that has started to wear out is the rubber coating on the earpieces. Also, I don't use them at the gym since they don't stay in place while on the treadmill. I would really like to see an earbud (in-ear) version.
  12. gordazo's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Who ever uses the cheapo headphones that ships with smartphones these days? Me, I prefer the headphone jack at the top.
    +1
    two touchstones and a car charger
  13. jbeen's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #13  
    I agree with the OP.....
    My headphone jack is also loose, and I don't use it that much. (June '09 phone)
    While on a phone call, if I barely touch the headphone connector, myself and the caller will hear a high pitched squeal.
    A bit embarrassing, actually.
  14. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #14  
    Yes, there have been some with build quality issues on the headphone jack, so I can see someone complaining about that. Mine has been fine except for the problem with my phone staying in headset mode with nothing plugged in. That has only happened once in seven months with this phone though.

    As for the headphones, the pair that came with them hardly worked. My wife had a Pre she returned right away though and I kept hers and mine got returned with her phone. I use them, but I don't use headphones a lot. Mainly when doing yard work. I do plug in some small BOSE speakers here on my desk all the time though. I like the location of the headphone jack with anything plugged in there.
  15. #15  
    The Pre head phone was crappy the ear piece rubber was falling apart than I just lost them in Nov. Been buying the Blackberry stereo headset that's in Precentral store since and I love them. I forgot all about the original head phones
  16. PiroAR's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #16  
    I've gone through a couple different phones because of the headphone jack. It either quits working or thinks the headphones are permanently in. As for the headphones that came with the phone, I'm not sure I ever actually tried them.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    does anyone agree that the next pre really needs to improve the design of the headphones and the jack itself? For one, the hadphones are made out of the most annoying material. They are always getting caught on things and the anti tangle slider has difficulty sliding since the material is so course. Also, I experience much interference when any type of movement happens to the top of the headphone jack. Palm needs to make this connection tighter next go round. Any thoughts anyone?
    I couldn't agree more. Unless you have your pre sitting on a desk when using headphones you will experience the problem of music cutting out from one of the headphones. The problem is that the headphone hole is not deep enough and when the phone is in your pocket the headphone jack is not steady enough. Therefore when you move around there is pressure applied to the headphone jack and the sound start cutting out. I use my pre when working out at the gym and run in to this problem all the time.
  18. Vizi's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #18  
    Launch day Pre. No jack problem and I like the headphones well enough. They fit in my ears well and I like that I can use them to talk on the phone.

    Now, I know there are better out there, but as another poster said, what do you expect from the headphones that come w/the phone.

    If your jack is that messed up you might want to consider returning it for a replacement.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Unless you have your pre sitting on a desk when using headphones you will experience the problem of music cutting out from one of the headphones. The problem is that the headphone hole is not deep enough and when the phone is in your pocket the headphone jack is not steady enough. Therefore when you move around there is pressure applied to the headphone jack and the sound start cutting out. I use my pre when working out at the gym and run in to this problem all the time.
    Just do what I did and get you a set of bluetooth headphones. No need for wires or jacks, put the phone in your pocket.....problem solved.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeen View Post
    I agree with the OP.....
    My headphone jack is also loose, and I don't use it that much. (June '09 phone)
    While on a phone call, if I barely touch the headphone connector, myself and the caller will hear a high pitched squeal.
    A bit embarrassing, actually.
    Then take it in for repair or replacement!

    I don't use the headset that came with mine. I actually bought another one (I don't like earbuds).

    However any wired headset cords will catch on things. Happens with my iPod headset all the time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions