Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Since Pre is no iPhone, you always have the option to be innovative and completely do away with corded headphones, simply using Bluetooth for all of your music headset needs. I use a Motorola HT820 with my Pre; audio quality is excellent and there are very few hitches / pauses.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Since Pre is no iPhone, you always have the option to be innovative and completely do away with corded headphones, simply using Bluetooth for all of your music headset needs. I use a Motorola HT820 with my Pre; audio quality is excellent and there are very few hitches / pauses.
    If the orignal OP is complaining about free earbuds that came with his phone, what makes you think his is going to break loose with the cash to buy some decent BT headphones.
    I'm a long-time Palm users, so I expected headphone jack issues (the Treo's were horrible at this, and third-party bluetooth support was flakey).

From that background, I've generally avoided using the jack, so I don't really use the headphones alot. Instead I use wireless Motorolla S9's and S9 HD's. They both work great.

But when I do use the headset from the phone, I find that they sound better than most cheap earplugs. I like the magnet idea (cuts way down on the number of tangles), and the slider isn't bad. I think this headset is probably one of the better or best included headsets for any phone.

Still worry about the jack, but at least with bluetooth we have options.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeen View Post
    I agree with the OP.....
    My headphone jack is also loose, and I don't use it that much. (June '09 phone)
    While on a phone call, if I barely touch the headphone connector, myself and the caller will hear a high pitched squeal.
    A bit embarrassing, actually.
    +1. This happens to me also. Forgot to mention that.
    It's just the earbuds that came with my phone have zero, zip, like no bass, and the top end is really fuzzy, I use the Altec Lansing Backbeats 903's BT headsets, been really happy with them and they also work really well at answering phone calls. When I fly I have a set of Sony Noice Cancelling Headphones (model # MDR-NC22). A while ago I had a problem with static when ever I would move the earphone plug while in the top headphone jack. I fixed it by cleaning it out with some WD40, put a little on the earphone plug, installed and removed it a couple times, cleaning the plug each time, worked like a charm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12