Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got the same issue. I'm not sure when it started, but when I tried to go on a trip Friday it said the same. New Sprint Pre customer, had it since October. Telenav dropped my call, Sprint tried resetting some network settings (which didn't work). I'll have to call them when I have access to another phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    I just had the same issue for the first time today. I've been a Sprint customer for 6 years, and with the Pre since launch. I did a bunch of things, and absolutely none of them fixed my issue.

Here's what I did. Changed my First/Last Name in Sprint Nav settings just slightly so that it was updated, changed my email address, logged into the website end of things (Sprint Navigation ) to check my info there and updated it again. Turned off wifi, did a network settings update (in the phone prefs), and then shut down, pulled the battery for a few minutes, and then turned my phone back on and started Sprint Nav.

Unfortunately, still the same issue. Here's hoping when 1.4 comes eventually it fixes this.
    For Sprint employees/Advantage Club subscribers:

Sprint Navigation is no longer included in our service plan. We can subscribe to it for $9.99 a month, just like a normal customer. It sucks.. but our plans are ridiculously cheap (free, ha) already.. so it's really not that big of a deal. Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kytton View Post
    For Sprint employees/Advantage Club subscribers:

Sprint Navigation is no longer included in our service plan. We can subscribe to it for $9.99 a month, just like a normal customer. It sucks.. but our plans are ridiculously cheap (free, ha) already.. so it's really not that big of a deal. Meh.
    Oops, I guess I forgot to reply back when I got this information. The people that bought Instincts on employee/advantage accounts are having it happen too. It is definitely hard to complain when your plan is free or less than half of the normal rate.
    Hmm, maybe that's the cause for some, but mine's just a standard Everything Data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm, maybe that's the cause for some, but mine's just a standard Everything Data plan.
    Maybe Sprint was purging it from all of the employee and advantage accounts and got carried away. Naaaah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Maybe Sprint was purging it from all of the employee and advantage accounts and got carried away. Naaaah.
    Yeah, I'm figuring it's a software thing more than anything on Sprint's end. I've been having a few occasional software issues, so I plan on using webOS Doctor for 1.4. If it's not working after that, then I'll see what Sprint says about it.
    I've had this problem with the telenav not working. You need to reactivate it on the phone. It will tell you that their is a $9.99 monthly fee for it when you do activate it. If you have an everything data plan you do not need to worry about the $9.99 fee being charged to your monthly bill. The reason why you dont have to worry about the fee is due to telenav being included in the everything data plan. Telenav actually bills sprint. If you dont have the everything data plan then sprint will bill you.

That is how it was explaned to me. I reactivated it and it worked on one phone.

I did have the same problem on a different phone and tryed the same thing but ended up having to take it into the Sprint store to get it fixed. What they did was a software reset which wiped out everything on the phone (I wish that phone was a pre).

Hope that helps.
    After all that that I tried the other day, it seems the problem fixed itself.
    yeah i have a advantage club account...same problem...heres what i did to get it to work

i called sprint...they had me call telenav...then telenav told me that they needed to talk to sprint...they both talked...then both talked to me...said it would cost 9.99 a month...so i said **** it...had em charge me 9.99 a month...called sprint billing customer support...had em take off the charge cuz i wasnt gonna pay for it...they canceled it...and now it works fine on my phone...well atleast ill have 1 free month...ill find out on the 25th if theyll keep charging me

This is getting ridiculous: I tried to log into the Sprint Navigation site and it tells me my phone # and/or PIN is incorrect. Double-check the PIN inside the app and it's correct. Called Sprint and the nice girl in Topeka sends me off to what sounds like India to speak to a woman who clearly has no idea what the Pre is set up like. She is simultaneously telling me I have Sprint Nav on my account AND I need to sign up for TeleNav service for $10 a month. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?

After fruitlessly trying to get me to redownload the Sprint Nav app from the App Catalog - no, I'm not kidding - she transferred me to Advanced Technical Support and it sounded like her solution was to remotely reset the phone to factory state. When I objected that I've got a ton of pictures, ringtones and apps loaded, she said that my music, etc. will be safe because it's stored on the SD card. Again, I'm not kidding!

Since I didn't remember my Palm login info, they transferred me to Palm to work thru that. Then she tried to send me back to Sprint and sailed into a disconnected number message!!

Total time wasted on phone: 1 hour 15 minutes.

The sheer cluelessness of all parties involved is appalling.
    I did a full reset after making sure everything was backed up. Preware stuff will be lost HOWEVER! Nav works again and one big bonus....Everything is much snappier now. I'll probably do a full reset every few months to see if this is the case.

Joe
    I wanted to reply to this thread since I finally got around to fixing Sprint Navigation. I tried calling Sprint and they tried a few things that were fruitless, and then told me to call Telenav. Called Telenav, and after lots of awkward silence, the dude tells me I'm in the system and I need to go to a Sprint store and have them "flash" my phone (aka webOS Doctor) since there was no accepted method of reinstalling the app. Being smarter than your average bear, I didn't accept this. I knew there had to be some database that I could wipe out and let Telenav reinitialize. Sure enough:
    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    For anyone who gets this error in the future

Delete the .db file in /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

After launching Sprint Nav it will create a new .db file
    A quick visit to the Terminal and I'm screaming along. My Pre is complete again. (If this works for you, make sure to thank lcars123 in the thread I quoted.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    FYI, if you're on an employee account, and Telenav stops working... don't bother trying to doctor the phone or delete the prefs. It won't get past the initial registration.
    Denso TP -> Sanyo 6200 -> Samsung A600 -> Treo 600 -> Red Sanyo 8200 -> Sanyo 7400 -> Sanyo 7500 -> LG Fusic -> Motorola Q -> Motorola Q9C -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Moment
    Thanks to Brain Recall (and lcars123) for pointing out the solution to this vexing problem...the deletion of the database file worked perfectly for me. As a relative newbie, and for those who may not be familiar with how to delete the file that is described above, you can easily also do this directly from your phone using Jason Robitaille's excellent Internalz utility, available for free (but think about a donation!) from PreWare. Just browse to the /var directory, select down the tree (the telenav was the last one of the file_.var.usr.palm... folders--you can't see the whole filename), click on the db file (the only one there, with all of the 0's, and select delete). Then boot up Sprint Nav, enter in your name and e-mail address again, and you should be good to go. The whole fix took me less than a minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    I wanted to reply to this thread since I finally got around to fixing Sprint Navigation. I tried calling Sprint and they tried a few things that were fruitless, and then told me to call Telenav. Called Telenav, and after lots of awkward silence, the dude tells me I'm in the system and I need to go to a Sprint store and have them "flash" my phone (aka webOS Doctor) since there was no accepted method of reinstalling the app. Being smarter than your average bear, I didn't accept this. I knew there had to be some database that I could wipe out and let Telenav reinitialize. Sure enough:

A quick visit to the Terminal and I'm screaming along. My Pre is complete again. (If this works for you, make sure to thank lcars123 in the thread I quoted.)
    I'm getting the sprint navigation registration error. I've switched phones and still get the same error. I tried deleting the db file with the internalz program but it didn't do the trick. I'm a novice when it comes to programming so what did you type in the terminal to make it work?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12