Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got a refurb pre after having issues with my original. I hate it. When its closed it is clicky like the top part isn't on all the way...the space bar doesn't have any click it just mushes down and I don't know if its the phone but the battery drain is absurd. This is my orig battery where in the old phone had incredible life.
    so my question is...how can I brick this thing so I can get another one? This is under warranty. I don't have ins on it.

tia
    It's sad how little integrity some people have. What a deplorable question.

If the battery life is truly as bad as you say you should be able to get another one from Asurion without having to do anything dishonest. Besides, short of hardware failure it is impossible to brick a Pre. WebOS Doctor can rescue just about any situation.
    You can't technically 'brick the Pre'. If you want to make it so it seems unusable you can doctor it and unplug it when its doing what it does. But the is EXTREMELY dishonest and I would not advise you to do it. As Tiddlekis said above, I can't imagine why people would do this. Many other people have had the same problems as you and they went down and complained to Sprint and they were happy to replace it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    If you don't have insurance, the only way you can get it replaced is if it has a manufacturers defect. Have fun trying to replicate that since Palm will inspect it. They know how hardware fails and what to look for.

The best way to get a replacement is to go to Sprint and beg.
    Well, she doesn't have insurance.

Anyway, I would take it back to the store on the battery issues and top part issues, but if they give you a hassle, maybe you can try breaking the power button and going to another store? The power button is a common enough issue and even if they try to fix it, they may not be able or you'll luck up and just get another one.
    Why not go back and say this doesn't feel right. Is it ok?

Or add the insurance for 35 days and replace it under that then drop the insurance again.
    if your not happy with the hardwear take it back and complain nicely lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8. JSX
    I would call and complain, threaten to leave sprint and so forth instead of tryign to brick.
    isn't there a 2 week window for replacements? I brought my replacement back because it was not right. They just ordered another one no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    It's sad how little integrity some people have. What a deplorable question.

If the battery life is truly as bad as you say you should be able to get another one from Asurion without having to do anything dishonest. Besides, short of hardware failure it is impossible to brick a Pre. WebOS Doctor can rescue just about any situation.
    Although I agree it isn't the best way to go about in getting a new phone. But when we as consumers have dropped our standards and accept things the way they are. This is what kind of products the companies release. We need to take them back as is and not accept the junk.

it sucks but that is how it is...
  11.    #11  
    The store I go to gave me a huge hassle with my first one. They did a partial erase and sent me on my way telling me to pull the battery if it does that and that all pda's ahve this issue because of the software being ran. I told him that unacceptable and he said if it continues bring it back. So I did. THe first guy says...would you like us to try to repair it or do you want to buy another pre? I told him I wanted it replaced.

I can just imagine the problems they will give me again just because the hardware doesn't feel right. They don't care.
    My repair store's policy changed. They definitely give a hard time trying to get a replacement. I think they swapped out too many pre's
    yes they do care and if they get rude or dont want to replace then tell them thats fine and call sprint from your phone right there in front of them and log a complaint over the phone and give the employees name and everything right there in front of the employee or manager whoever! the warranty on the phone is a year and if the replacement is not up to standard then it should be replaced!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Assurion seems to have a, "if you're not happy with what we send you, we'll swap it out," policy. So, if you went thru them, they should take good care of you.

If you need to go to the store (make sure you find a full service store), they MAY do one or more of the following:

1) Ask to keep your phone for 24 hours while they test battery drain, leaving you without.

2) Tell you that play in the slider or the keys, as long as they still, physically work, is considered within the acceptible range.

You know, I'm not advocating anything "dishonest", but I'm not going to judge either. I've dealt with Sprint when they were very customer service oriented, and would support customers with any legit complaints, even if it meant handing over new equipment. And, bad sliders and mushy keys are definitely legit complaints. I've also dealt with the Sprint that goes out of its way to not give you what you deserve. Even trying to avoid honoring obvious warranty issues.

So, dishonesty is relative. And, again, I won't judge. The good news, is you can exhaust all the "honest" paths first, and not close any back doors.
    I had to double check, but neither my nor my partner's Pre clicks when you press the space bar. I'm not sure why you would need it to as long as it works.

Like others have said, contact Asurion if you got it from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post
    I got a refurb pre after having issues with my original. I hate it. When its closed it is clicky like the top part isn't on all the way...the space bar doesn't have any click it just mushes down and I don't know if its the phone but the battery drain is absurd. This is my orig battery where in the old phone had incredible life.
    so my question is...how can I brick this thing so I can get another one? This is under warranty. I don't have ins on it.

tia
    That's called fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    isn't there a 2 week window for replacements? I brought my replacement back because it was not right. They just ordered another one no problem.
    30 day window
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    30 day window
    Nah,Man there isn't another 30 days after you already return a replaced phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Nah,Man there isn't another 30 days after you already return a replaced phone.
    Actually, I meant a 30 window from the time you purchased (almost forgot to start the insurance on my wife's Pixi, and hit it on the 30th day, it was no problem).

However, the service rep did tell me something interesting. If a phone is outside of the 30 day window, it can be taken to a Sprint service center, where they will examine it, and provide Asurion with a letter stating its condition.

I other words, you can get it, but your phone has to be working when you buy insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post

tia
    Overclock to 2Ghz and wait...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast