1.    #1  
    A friend showed me a 2 minute hd preview of avatar on his iphone through youtube. It looked really good like hd. So I searched on youtube and found the video. I downloaded and played it on my Pre but it does not look as good. Grant it his screen is larger but aren't our screen resolutions the same? Shouldn't it look just as good on my phone?
    Would the gpu have anything to do with this?
    The Youtube feed that WebOS uses might not be as advanced as the one as iPhone. The version you downloaded is probably the SD feed of the video. This is on Youtube to update the app on the Pre. Right now it's still pretty basic.
  3.    #3  
    thanks
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Seriously, does HD make that much difference on such a small screen?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Seriously, does HD make that much difference on such a small screen?
    It's not really just a matter of it being "HD" or not its the difference between normal and 'high quality' streams which pushes data at a higher bitrate and therefore better quality without as much pixelation. I'm sure it's a little nicer then the standard one and probably noticeable if you watch a lot of streamed content.
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Try that. That quality is pretty damn good. I don't know if it's playing in HD though
    when its on wifi it looks way better than the pre. but on 3g it looks terrible compared to the pre. the pre jus does standard and it looks decent on 3g or wifi. my htc fuze had the option of which 1 u wanted to watch it in low quality or high
    Interesting, I have compared HD youtube videos with my iphone friends, and my pre always looks better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoo456 View Post
    when its on wifi it looks way better than the pre. but on 3g it looks terrible compared to the pre. the pre jus does standard and it looks decent on 3g or wifi. my htc fuze had the option of which 1 u wanted to watch it in low quality or high
    It's possible that the quality selected is automatic based on the quality of your data connection. Your post doesn't make sense at all. Can you rewrite it?

I agreed that my Pre always has had better quality than iPhones. Loading faster as well. Though their video starts sooner, it's because the Pre buffers longer for a safeguard.
    What exactly is the difference in viewing videos on YouTube mobile vs using the Pre's YouTube app?

Or is there any?
  11.    #11  
    To clarify, if you type hd in our youtube app, hit enter, and scroll down the list you will come across an avatar preview that is about 2mins long. 3 phones were involved. An iphone 3gs, a jailbroken 3gs, and my pre. The pre looked better than the regular 3gs but the jailbroken 3gs played much better than both. It loaded and streamed much faster and there was a very noticeable difference in the picture's quality. It also played without stopping to buffer.