1.    #1  
    Ok, I thought I understood the differences between partial erase, full erase, WebOS Repair, and WebOS Doctor but after reading so many posts of people doing a full erase then the Doctor and others of folks running the Doctor then full erase and doing multiple other things, the confusion has set in.

#1 - Could someone please explain the difference to me (and everyone else) between all of these reset options?

#2 - Could someone please explain why you may want to use multiple options and in what order?

** I have a big THANKS waiting to be delivered if you can help me clear my confusion! **
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Ok, I thought I understood the differences between partial erase, full erase, WebOS Repair, and WebOS Doctor but after reading so many posts of people doing a full erase then the Doctor and others of folks running the Doctor then full erase and doing multiple other things, the confusion has set in.

#1 - Could someone please explain the difference to me (and everyone else) between all of these reset options?

#2 - Could someone please explain why you may want to use multiple options and in what order?

** I have a big THANKS waiting to be delivered if you can help me clear my confusion! **
    I agree with you. It is very confusing. Remove patches, do not remove patches, remove theme, erase, use Preware, use WebOS QI, EPR, Doctor, AUPT, etc, etc. I think there should be a "Sticky" that explains all this, as you suggested, and that it would be maintained by someone who is very knowledgeable of the OS workings. Also, this "Sticky" would be locked so only the administrator could have access.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint