Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like that :O All for it too.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    Good idea. The only thing I would change is limit it to one group and keep the other 4 still as apps. The reason is keep the quickly launch idea of the old Palm button.

So the obvious candidate is the launch button right now can be changed to a more apps button, letting us add 4 or 5 more. I think that would be enough for most of the uses.
    I think you are right, 4 direct apps and Replace the Launcher Button with the flyout button (which could be 5 more apps or Direct dials). I think the Flyout button should be on the Left, in the first position, if you used it for quick contacts you might get carpal tunnel swiping right and the left all the time
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    Mock up of this newer looking version (Icons not under thumb).
    This idea is SICK in the making!!!
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    I would work on it but here's a little sticky deal............that's "amost" encroaching the Android's UI since the Eris has something to it and so do the HTC's with Android 1.5, or 1.6 . I would have to look into how it can be done without getting a "registered letter" from big boys. IF there are any patent issues I am NOT touching that with a ten-foot pole.

Honestly I love your idea and now I wonder why didn't Palm think of it?
    I am not sure I understand. Did HTC or Eris have a popup wave? If not, how could this cross path with their UI?
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    no thanks
    I don't want to stifle creativity, but would that structure be any easier than bringing up the quick launh to open the launcher, and then swiping to the appropriate launcher page?

Currently I can swipe up to open the launcher, which brings me instantly o my main apps. A single swipe to the left gets me internet & news apps, while a single swipe to the right gets me media apps.

It looks visually very cool, but it may be less intuitive than what we have now.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    I have run into a few not-so welcome situations before, hence my concern. Yet I will proceed to see how it can be done. Sure all these are open source designs still there is a slight silent inner circle issue !! (if you know what I mean).
    Could you explain to a person not familiar with developing (like me) about the silent inner circle issue?

If it won't put your life in jeopardy from the DevMafia
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I don't want to stifle creativity, but would that structure be any easier than bringing up the quick launh to open the launcher, and then swiping to the appropriate launcher page?

Currently I can swipe up to open the launcher, which brings me instantly o my main apps. A single swipe to the left gets me internet & news apps, while a single swipe to the right gets me media apps.

It looks visually very cool, but it may be less intuitive than what we have now.
    With how I use the quick launcher I think it would help. I use Jason's Hide quick launch patch so those icons are not visible on the bottom of the screen (which is so much more appealing IMO).

When I swipe up the wave and click and Icon, its for some reason far faster, smoother, and prettier than the launcher tray. I also have 4 pages on the launcher with quite a few apps, which might slow it down (lag).

Now if you didn't hide the quick launch you could just tap the icon you want to launch a quick app or contact But if you swiped up from the home icon it would launch the 2nd wave as quickly and smoothly as the original wave.

I guess I just want a few more quick launch icons, but like the size that they currently are. Maybe it could just be a Double thick wave with 10 Icons.

Or maybe if you swipe up from the left side of the screen you would get the original wave and if you swipe up from the right side you could get the 2nd wave. And with the width of the gesture area you might be able to get a 3rd wave from the center. Hmmmm.
  9.    #29  
    Is this idea even possible? or is the wave to deep and inaccessible because it's part of the base UI?
    Tealspeed does a good job with their idea, if we could get this wave launcher idea in play, that would be a great add-on.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I like the idea but in the meantime is there a way to add more than just 4 apps to the Quick launch bar?
    Anyone still interested in making this app or patch?
  13.    #33  
    DEV's is this possible? Does anyone want a project?
    bump
    Hmmm, while it may look cool, I can't see how useable it is. Probably have to use two hands just to get access to the icons. How do you get access to the vertical icons since the horizontal wavebar will just follow your finger thus not letting you get access to it. I kinda like the simple wave launcher as is, if your going to have alot of apps coming up from the wave bar, might as well just open up the launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    Tealspeed does a good job with their idea, if we could get this wave launcher idea in play, that would be a great add-on.
    i like teal speed also.. much faster getting to the apps i use most. and the contacts i dial most... i keep two rows on the dashboard, giving me ten options at the press of a finger, and another five when i swipe up the wave i also leave three or four cards open at all times.. that gives me about 20 options with one press or swipe.. lets see the i phone do that
    I do too. I also always have my Speed Dial App open so I never need to add the Phone App to my Tealspeed launcher.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12