1.    #1  
    Here in Denver, the RTD has a site, gortd.com, that is designed for mobile browsing to see the trains and bus schedules. When I go to it on my Pre, it comes up tiny as hell. I have to zoom in to see it at all.

Seems to me, this shouldn't be the case. Is there a setting to change, or something, that will make it display in a legible size?
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    It's the way websites work in Webkit. They show you the whole page, and you either double tap or pinch to zoom on the section you wish to view.
    with our browser to be honest you really dont need to use the mobile site. try just the regular site and see how well it all loads...the mobile site may be intended for NonSmart phones like the instinct or rumor.... just a thought...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    with our browser to be honest you really dont need to use the mobile site. try just the regular site and see how well it all loads...the mobile site may be intended for NonSmart phones like the instinct or rumor.... just a thought...
    I've done the normal site, and can use it fine. But the mobile site is way faster, because it is designed with just the schedules, instead of wading through all the other stuff first. Much quicker on the mobile site to find what time the next train is stopping.
    maybe the iphone browser spoof will work for u
    Suggestion;

Go to regular site on phone.
    'wad' through all of the pages till you get to the schedules
    bookmark the schedule page

voila go back easily anytime you need.
    I saw a similar problem with Gizmodo. Get the iphone user agent spoof. I don't remember exactly how to install it, I don't think you can with preware but I could be wrong. It fixed how gizmodo's mobile site loaded on my pre and it might fix your sizing issue.

Edit: although it ****ed up my gmail through the browser. it wouldnt let me scroll. Would always jump back to the top.
    iphone spoof can only be loaded through webos quick installer
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you want directions just message me its not hard to find in tools then tweaks then second or third tab
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Check out this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...wport-fix.html

It uses a site called Yubnub and a special command ("viewport") to "stretch" the older, generic mobile web sites. Worked really well on my banking web site
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Check out this post:

It uses a site called Yubnub and a special command ("viewport") to "stretch" the older, generic mobile web sites. Worked really well on my banking web site
    That's the answer there. I tried it with the site the OP is trying to use and it does work. The iphone spoof won't work for this because it's not an iphone page, it's an old WAP page.
    ok, I'm birthday drunk but here me out.
    1. Open a new browser and go to the Precentral mobile forums.
    2. Turn the phone to landscape mode then back to portrait.
    3. Swipe down on the screen so the address bar pops up. Type in the address of the site.
    4. It could load up correctly now. Merry christmas

I hope this help you. This is the "fix" for m.facebook.com, but it should work on other sites made for dumbphone browsers. If this doesn't hellp you, thenn I am deeeply sory
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    Suggestion;

Go to regular site on phone.
    'wad' through all of the pages till you get to the schedules
    bookmark the schedule page

voila go back easily anytime you need.
    Not so easy...

Standard site, and where you have to start at(must click to get to what you actually need, but you need to start here), vs mobile site. If you follow both links, you can see that there is a huge difference in the amount of navigation necessary to see what the next train time is.

Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Check out this post:

I'll give that a shot, thanx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    ok, I'm birthday drunk but here me out.
    1. Open a new browser and go to the Precentral mobile forums.
    2. Turn the phone to landscape mode then back to portrait.
    3. Swipe down on the screen so the address bar pops up. Type in the address of the site.
    4. It could load up correctly now. Merry christmas
    OMG ... I thought Garret was just yanking our chain (or just drunk), but this actually works. Looks like something in viewing a proper mobile site in landscape mode sets this 'viewport' size. I used m.google.com (instead of the PreCentral site) and got the same results.

A slightly easier way if you happen to stumble into one of these older WAP sites ... just immediately go to a bookmarked mobile site that is properly formatted for the Pre (like Google or PreCentral), tilt to landscape mode and back to portrait, then hit the 'backup' arrow/button. Magic!

Any HTML gurus happen to know why this works?
    Even when I'm drunk I'm still helpful lol. Thanks for the bookmark tip