1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Sorry to post such a basic post, but I have read all the stickys about preware and there are so many updates and whatnot, that I'm just starting to think about leaving my Pre alone. I've had it for a week now and am starting to get curious about patches and such.

Are there updates I can do simply, that don't involve a USB to my computer? If it starts getting too involved, I'll probably just stick to official updates-- but I've seen and heard about quite a few patches that intrigue me.

Is there an updated and 'dumbed down' link or thread that is the latest and greatest? I read things about WebDoctor and removing patches and third-party apps in order to install Palm updates. That's not something that would work for me.

Am I making myself sound like I should just leave the phone as is and DL official apps as they come out?

GREAT phone BTW. I am a happy Pre owner and a happy Sprint customer (10+ years now).

Thanks-- Paul
    you really do not need to connect to USB all the time for preware. there is just the initial time when you use webos quickinstall to put preware on, and then it's all OTA.

i was a bit afraid at first too, but as long as you follow the directions, it is REALLY simple, and greatly enhances the user experience. if you just go to the getting started with preware stuff that you see on the front page, it will pretty much tell you all you need to know.

and if you do somehow run into trouble (usually due to not following a simple instruction) there are a lot of knowledgable people here to lend a hand.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks tony-- you just pushed me over the edge. I will do it tomorrow.