Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I had this problem and finally fixed it. If you deleted the vk files via usb but preware is still saying that the files are on. Do this. It worked for me

1. Hook up by usb and delete the vk files
    2. Go to Device Mgmt and see if the VK
    3. Go to Tweaks. Install the VK patch. I know sounds crazy but it worked. After it installs
    4. Go to Device Mgmt in Quick Install. If you see 2 VK patches installed. Click them both to uninstall. It will remove the new one and all the files associated with the old one.
    5. That it both will be gone
    6. Reinstall VK if you want. I it will be a fresh install and you will only have one
    7. No partial erase or full erase needed
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBKPRE View Post
    I had this problem and finally fixed it. If you deleted the vk files via usb but preware is still saying that the files are on. Do this. It worked for me

1. Hook up by usb and delete the vk files
    2. Go to Device Mgmt and see if the VK
    3. Go to Tweaks. Install the VK patch. I know sounds crazy but it worked. After it installs
    4. Go to Device Mgmt in Quick Install. If you see 2 VK patches installed. Click them both to uninstall. It will remove the new one and all the files associated with the old one.
    5. That it both will be gone
    6. Reinstall VK if you want. I it will be a fresh install and you will only have one
    7. No partial erase or full erase needed
    Depends on the Pre. The above is the same thing that's been suggested many a time and it didn't work for me. Only after I tried everything else (that I knew of, other than a full erase) and then performed a partial erase did the patches unstick.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    i didn't mess with any of this earlier because i don't often use the VKB, but i finally did tonight because there was an update for it in preware and it was making it so i couldn't "update all" for my patches.

anyway, what worked for me was to just go into USB mode, delete the VKB file, and then go into preware under installed packages and choose delete for the VKB. it let me do it this time (after deleting VKB file in USB) and didn't give any errors. i am now updating all the other patches and will prob reinstall VKB when i'm done.

i'll post back if i have any issues.
    Last edited by igobytony; 01/31/2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spelling error