1.    #1  
    So i have gone through 3 pre+'s trying to find out why the touchstone chargers are not working. i have a touchstone that works on my friends palm pre on sprint and on mine it constantly goes from charging to not charging every other second. Anybody else having this issue?
    Time to try a new Touchstone, and a not a new phone.
    Is it plugged into you computer? Touchstones only work plugged into the wall. Also take your back cover off and make sure its on right. Other than that just try another touchstone. This problem just happens sometimes to people. personally I've got 3 touchstones and i've had goodluck.
    Dont ask palm to honor their warranty I just chatted with them ( minutes ago) and was told "it appears to be an issue with the product, you must go buy a new one" " anything else I can help you with"
    So much FUD.
  6.    #6  
    wow. just found out what was wrong. i can't use any other ac adapter than the one that comes with the pre, what a pita...
    Quote Originally Posted by angel12 View Post
    wow. just found out what was wrong. i can't use any other ac adapter than the one that comes with the pre, what a pita...
    If you want/need to get an extra AC adapter and cable, head over to Amazon. At least three vendors are selling the charger + cable (real Palm ones) for $8.01 or $8.02 + 2.98 shipping.

Amazon.com: Palm Pre Original Smart Phone AC USB Wall Adapter + Original Palm PRE Charging USB 2.0 Data Cable: Cell Phones & Service
    It explicitly says this in the instructions that come with the Touchstone.

I think the right thing for you to do in this situation is to contact the Verizon store and make sure that they realize that the three (!) Pre devices that you returned to their store were not defective in any way and for you to explain what happened. It wouldn't be right for those employees to have a distorted view of the hardware quality because of your mistake.
    It seems like a honest mistake but maybe next time check the forums before you start returning 3 different phones.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    I'm having a similar problem, but no solution yet. I have a Pre+, wife has a Pixi+, and we have 3 Touchstones. All 3 charge her Pixi w/o a problem but only one charges my Pre, and only if I position it just exactly right. The other 2 just buzz intermittantly. Using the correct AC adapter. I just got off the phone with vzn and asked them to send me a new battery door. Hopefully, that's all it is. Will update after the new door arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    It explicitly says this in the instructions that come with the Touchstone.

I think the right thing for you to do in this situation is to contact the Verizon store and make sure that they realize that the three (!) Pre devices that you returned to their store were not defective in any way and for you to explain what happened. It wouldn't be right for those employees to have a distorted view of the hardware quality because of your mistake.
    Indeed, I agree. It's unfortunate when you consider how this board gets flooded with complaints and a great majority of the time it's user-error is some way. A great majority of the problems we read about are problems that can be solved without returning the phone or starting a thread or calling the company. I'm certainly not trying to trivialize all of the issues, as some of them are very legitimate. However, so many of them are so simple . . . as simple as using the tools that the manufacturer included with or approved for the device.
    Received my replacement battery door/back cover from Verizon yesterday. Had to insist on talking to level 2 tech support to convince them to send me a door rather than having me replace the entire phone. The new door/cover solved all my Touchstone problems. My Pre now charges on all three stones and the annoying "ding-dong" repetitive charging cycle is gone. So, if you're having problems with your Touchstone and replacing the stone didn't work, try getting Verizon to send you another battery door/back cover. Worked for me.
    Here's my problem, out the TS at night as I go to bed, starts charging, and the las 2 night previous to last night (weird way of saying it), it stopped charging and screen went off and would not charge again untill I restarted the pre and the battery would be down to 80%. Called palm support yesterday and attemted a resolve. Anyways, last night, I through on the TS again, woke up a couple time throughout the night, saw the pre was still on and battery icon with lightning bolt was there, so I though hey its finally working!! So then when I woke up to go to the gym, I pulled the pre off and checked the battery level and it said 29%!!!!! Anyone else have this problem????
    Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    Here's my problem, out the TS at night as I go to bed, starts charging, and the las 2 night previous to last night (weird way of saying it), it stopped charging and screen went off and would not charge again untill I restarted the pre and the battery would be down to 80%. Called palm support yesterday and attemted a resolve. Anyways, last night, I through on the TS again, woke up a couple time throughout the night, saw the pre was still on and battery icon with lightning bolt was there, so I though hey its finally working!! So then when I woke up to go to the gym, I pulled the pre off and checked the battery level and it said 29%!!!!! Anyone else have this problem????
    Among other things this is one of my issues that I am having. I find that if I take the cover off, reset the battery and reinstall the cover making sure that the contacts are clean and aligned properly when re-attaching. This will allow it to work properly for a day or 2 then it is back to the same thing. This makes the touchstone very unreliable for overnight charging.