1.    #1  
    My brother got a Pre today (yay!) and when we chatted via Google Talk (from Gmail on my PC to his Pre), every message I sent, he received it twice. Every message was duplicated. Then I tried chatting from my phone, and now he's getting TRIPLE messages every time I send him something. This also occurs with another friend of his when he sends my brother messages via Google Talk. I am listed only once in both his Pre contacts and his gmail contacts.

What are some reasons that this could be occurring??
    are you logged into his Pre's chat also? Meaning, did you log your gmail account it?

does he do forwarding, or use some type of messenger program that resends gtalk to abother messenger?

I would delete all you mms/text accounts & readd them.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    are you logged into his Pre's chat also? Meaning, did you log your gmail account it?

does he do forwarding, or use some type of messenger program that resends gtalk to abother messenger?

I would delete all you mms/text accounts & readd them.
    I haven't used his phone no, he's in a different state

He added AIM and another gmail account. Maybe that's it?

What you mean mms/text accounts? Isn't there only 1 (your phone number)?
  4.    #4  
    My brother says turning off the phone and back on is the only way to fix it.

He says it's gotten up to quadruple messages a few times

Anyone ever experienced this???
    Are you logged into gchat at multiple locations when you send the messages? For example, logged into gchat on your pre and your desktop at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Are you logged into gchat at multiple locations when you send the messages? For example, logged into gchat on your pre and your desktop at the same time?
    this is what i was gonna ask. ill get three messages. one to my phone, one to my gtalk, and one to my embedded messenger in gmail.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Me or my brother? (He's got the Pre)

I'm only logged into Gmail chat with my PC. I believe we tested it with just him logged onto Gmail from his phone only, but I'll ask him again.

Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    this is what i was gonna ask. ill get three messages. one to my phone, one to my gtalk, and one to my embedded messenger in gmail.
    Sure, but do you get 3 messages all on one screen? Example:

Me: Hello

My Brother's Pre:
    Hello
    Hello
    Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post

Sure, but do you get 3 messages all on one screen? Example:

Me: Hello

My Brother's Pre:
    Hello
    Hello
    Hello
    yeah, no, i dont get that and to be honest i dont think ive come across anyone else having that problem on here.

the only thing i could think of is if he has you in his phone the same way 3 times, but i dont even know if thats possible.
    I get the same problem where multiple, identical messages come across. And the only way to fix it is to restart the phone in my experience.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by goblue7612 View Post
    I get the same problem where multiple, identical messages come across. And the only way to fix it is to restart the phone in my experience.
    HUZZAH!!!! Someone else with the issue. I thought it was weird no one had seen this before, and it's especially frustrating since my brother lives so far away so I can't troubleshoot the phone myself.

There must be a way to fix this... How often have you experienced this happening, and how long have you had your phone?