1.    #1  
    It seems that I'm always coming into contact with people that have to ask what kind of phone I am using. I am really surprised that there are that many people out there who have not heard of the pre, especially since it's been out for quite sometime on Sprint. Anyone get that same question often? Oh and btw, I also get a lot of compliments on it after showing what this phone can do. I personally have converted two co-workers from other respected phones within Sprint. It's just odd to me that a lot of people have no idea about the Palm pre?
    A what?
    The palm has always been for techies and actual productivity. The masses are into style and trends not performance, hence the rush to the iphone. People buy the latest phone to be cool not get stuff done. So there is a limited market, kinda like unix has been around since 1969, yet only techies use it while the masses we always be windows centric.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesjp1 View Post
    The palm has always been for techies and actual productivity. The masses are into style and trends not performance, hence the rush to the iphone. People buy the latest phone to be cool not get stuff done. So there is a limited market, kinda like unix has been around since 1969, yet only techies use it while the masses we always be windows centric.
    hence
    I get that quite a bit. I believe it's because people see a touchscreen and think iPhone, but it looks different so they ask. A few people do recognize it though.

With the exception of the iPhone, I don't think people normally recognize other phones. Most consumers won't research (if they do any research at all) unless they need a new phone; ie their current phone is lost/broken/stolen or their contract is up. Factor in that it's a smartphone and most people aren't into them, it's pretty easy for a phone to be anonymous.

I mean, other than Blackberrys, the Droid, the Hero, and the Envy, I don't recognize the phones most of my friends have and I follow phone updates pretty regularly.
    Yeah I get it all the time. Then when I hand them the phone to play with they end up saying something like "that's a cool phone".
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I get asked that a lot, it's annoying, and my friends make fun of the small screen. Not everyone wants a HTC touch Pro2 sized phone, I'd rather carry around a cinder block.
    Usually I say I have "the new Palm", and actually quite a few people have heard of or seen it from Sprint. Sprint still has huge PrPrPr&#$275$; $banners$ $in$ $the$ $NYC$ $stores$. $The$ $lack$ $of$ $advertising$ $from$ $VZW$ $disappoints$ $me$ $so$ $much$ their ads focus on Droid.

& the salespeople were not too knowledgable on launch day, they gave me incorrect information that the PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $Pixi$ $were$ &$quot$;$the$ $same$ $except$ $one$ $was$ $slider$ $and$ $one$ $was$ $not$&$quot$;, $but$ $I$ $already$ $knew$ $the$ $differences$ $in$ $processor$, $camera$, $etc$ $so$ $I$ $dismissed$ $these$ $comments$.