1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is in the right section, MODs please move if need be

I love my pre but I am now on my 5th one from sprint. Minor issues mostly due to the headphone jack and the screen.

It's the biggest hassle when trying to restore everything into the new phone, it takes forever to reinstall all the patches that I had on my previous phone (60 + of them)

Is there any way to design something in preware that allows you to save all your current patches installed and revert to them when need be, like transferring to a newer phone?

This would save soooooo much time.

Thanks!
    Bryan
    Last edited by p0tential; 01/29/2010 at 01:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    There was a post onth e front page of Precentral the other day about Automatic Patch updating by WedOS internals. Check that out.

It was called Auto Update Patch Technology on 1/27
    Quote Originally Posted by brendilon View Post
    There was a post onth e front page of Precentral the other day about Automatic Patch updating by WedOS internals. Check that out.

It was called Auto Update Patch Technology on 1/27
    But the OP is not requesting that. AUPT will allow you to update webOS and then simply update your patches (without having to remove them).

It will not allow you to move to a new device and have patches installed on a previous device automatically load. There would need to be somewhere in the "cloud" that the patches associated with your profile are stored. May come some time, those webOSInternals guys and gals are geniuses!!