1.    #1  
    I've had a fair share of issues with my 1st Pre Plus so I'm going to Verizon to get it replaced today. My only question is will I be able to re-download and re-install my paid apps (NFS and Tetris)?

I think I read something about this somewhere, but I don't remember the answer. I'm sure that the apps are associated with my Palm Profile right? Please let me know! I'm heading to Verizon today around 2pm so any answer by then would be awesome =)
    yes. im 99.999999999999999% sure. they should still be "paid" in ur palm profile allowing you to download them again for free
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    yeah, actually you shouldnt even need to redownload them from the catalog. Its saved to your profile. FYI use a fake profile and update to latest webos. Then sign out and sign into your real profile.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    If it works like the Sprint Pre then when you sign into your palm profile on the pre plus if should automatically return all paid apps. If it doesn't do all of them your account is tied to them and you can re-download for free.
    Yep, if on Sprint, your paid apps will be automatically downloaded when you sign into your profile. Give it time for some of the 3D games which are larger in size.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    yeah, actually you shouldnt even need to redownload them from the catalog. Its saved to your profile. FYI use a fake profile and update to latest webos. Then sign out and sign into your real profile.
    wait - what do you mean? the Pre Plus comes with the latest webOS version (1.3.5.1) so shouldn't I not have to worry about that?

if not, do you mean that when I first turn the phone on, that I should logon via another email address and THEN sign onto my original Palm profile?

thanks a bunch for the quick replies!
    OK ready, all you need to know:

Yes. (As long as you use your old profile)
    I was pretty amazed at how much data us restored when you get a new phone, or use webOS dr. most of your apps will be downloaded, and what surprised me was bookmarks were restored to where they were, and if I was previously logged into a website, I didn't have to sign back in on the new phone. username/pw were already saved to the palm profile.