Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Overall, very happy with the Pre. Coming from a 755p (which I LOVED), there were only a few concerns out of the box that have mostly been addressed:

1) "Normal" ringtones. This was the first thing that hit me. Listen, I realize that most people today love music as ringtones, but it has always grated on me. The factory ringtones were horrible, IMHO, and I couldn't figure out how to get new ones. Verizon customer service told me to go to their online Media Store and buy ringtones. After searching, listening, picking, and trying to buy the one that was the LEAST offensive, I was told by the system that my phone doesn't support the Media Store. Nice. Only a trip to the Verizon Store (for other reasons) was I able to find a guy who showed me how to pick one up from the App Store. ISSUE RESOLVED

2) Calendar. Coming from Datebk5, the Pre's calendar is not very good. I NEED a week view with data in it. I do not keep on online calendar, and never will, even with auto sync features. For now I'm using Datebk6 in Classic. The "soft" hardware buttons are hard to use, especially the 5 way pad, so I can only hope that one day a native WebOS calender option will be available. ISSUE RESOLVED.

3) Button dailing by name. Even though you can use speed dial, I missed the Palm OS Phone App that allowed to quickly select who you wanted by name. Photodialer took care of this for me, and allows me to add pics...nice! ISSUE RESOLVED.

3) Apps. MAN, am I addicted to buying apps already! I can see why Apple has had such success with the iPhone. STILL ADDICTED.

Still haven't figured out if you can make new mailboxes in the native email app like you can in Snappermail, but I've only had it a few days. LOVE the Touchstone, but I'm a sucker for expensive gadgets.....
    1) Why not just make a ringtone on your computer and drag it over to the Pre? There's a ringtones folder in usb mode and just put them in there.

2) There are a few patches that change the way the calendar works, I don't know if you've tried them. I realize that saying "there's a patch for that!" isn't a native solution, but there are some great devs working on those things.

3)By the time I bring up the launcher and find the picture, or swap to the photodialer app to do so, you could have already typed in the initials of your contact and hit enter. You don't need to type the entire name. If I needed to call "Mike Watson", I just type mw->enter. And it's calling him.

I think you mean 4) No cure for the app buying, but I would recommend Geostrings!

New mailboxes are added for each account you have, or you can have all your tagged emails show up in a folder under favorites, along with a combined inbox of any of your email accounts.

Hope any of that was helpful!
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgingbrom View Post
    1) Why not just make a ringtone on your computer and drag it over to the Pre? There's a ringtones folder in usb mode and just put them in there.
    Yep, I knew about that method, but finding the right ringtone and recording it with my computer, then transferring it over to the ringtone folder seemed too much effort. I wanted a decent ringtone, and I wanted it now, dammit!

2) There are a few patches that change the way the calendar works, I don't know if you've tried them. I realize that saying "there's a patch for that!" isn't a native solution, but there are some great devs working on those things.
    I am REALLY trying not go the patches route just yet, but are you saying that there is a patch that will allow me to show data in a week view with the native calendar app?? If so, just point me in that direction!

3)By the time I bring up the launcher and find the picture, or swap to the photodialer app to do so, you could have already typed in the initials of your contact and hit enter. You don't need to type the entire name. If I needed to call "Mike Watson", I just type mw->enter. And it's calling him.
    I just keep Photodialer open, and also replaced the Phone App with in the bottom menu. Neat trick about just typing to get a quick contact....thanks!!

New mailboxes are added for each account you have, or you can have all your tagged emails show up in a folder under favorites, along with a combined inbox of any of your email accounts.
    Yes, but Snappermail allows you create new mailboxes to store mail from ANY mail account, i.e, Friends, Family, Work, etc. You can then sort your old mail by category, rather than scroll through by date. I kept ALL of my old mail (that wasn't deleted) on my 755p.