Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    How do I remove contacts if I have multiple contacts. I have 333 contacts and only supposed to have 111. Do I have to delete them 1 by 1?
    Sounds like you have 3 accounts connected with the same contacts.

For instance if you have 2 Yahoo accounts which have the same contacts and you have connected a gmail account which you have backuped accounts to, the Pre would show three contacts for each single contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Sounds like you have 3 accounts connected with the same contacts.

For instance if you have 2 Yahoo accounts which have the same contacts and you have connected a gmail account which you have backuped accounts to, the Pre would show three contacts for each single contact.
    If that's the case, you should be able to go into Contacts > Prefs and Accounts, and delete your accounts and reinstall the ones you want.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I accidentlaly imported the same contacts 3 times. I was trying to get the contacts to my gmail and they went to my phone. Does anyone knonw how to erase them instead of doing them 1 by 1
    well there is a patch that lets u delete by swiping them off the screen..
    id look into that
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Well I need more info but what has worked best for me is to set google to my main account for contacts first. then do a back up and sync and then I take my google contacts and export them to (for example lets use my yahoo account) another acount. once they have been imported into my yahoo account i use the merge accounts option and let yahoo do the work for me. I then export those contacts back to my google and have them do a merge duplicates again. then i save the contatcs and let synergy do the work by deleting my profiles in the pre, then readd them so they can sync up nicely. and the 333 should be more like 111 linked contacts provided the names match. and you may have a few strays to link yourself but its much easier linking the remaining ones rather then all 333! hope i understood your question correctly and that this helps.
    under accts, each one should should show how many contacts are on each