Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tooner over in the Sprint Forums posted this yesterday:
    Get even more out of your Palm Pre and Pixi, Palm webOS 1.4 update is on the horizon.

I wanted to let everyone know that we’re planning to have an update to your Palm Pre and Palm Pixi later this quarter. We’ll be updating to Palm webOS 1.4. A few of the key updates include:

Video Capture functionality with editing capability

Adobe Flash Player 10 (Palm Pre only)

Full Phonebook transfer capabilities

Calendar Enhancements

Messaging Enhancements

These are just a few of the high-lights with much more detail to come. I’m sure there will be a lot of questions around timing and details of the update and I won’t be able to share any more than what is listed above but we wanted to let our Community know it was coming.
    Just wanted to give that heads up, but I'm hoping the release is still in February and not "later this quarter", like March...

EDIT: Here's the link to the forum post: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/26658?tstart=0
    Last edited by QuarlesLT; 01/29/2010 at 01:04 PM.
    woot
    Oh boy this sounds amazing If Palm keeps updating at this pace they are going to have the most polished OS ever.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    "Full phonebook transfer capabilities" might hint at a native desktop sync solution
    "Full Phonebook transfer capabilities"

Waiting for this one!!! Hopefully it'll let you send your contacts to Gmail.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm most excited about the phonebook transfers haha, why they did what they did from the start is beyond me.

BTW interesting tidbit, my Palm rep stopped in on Thursday thinking there was an update to 1.4.. so maybe this thursday, who knows? Figured I'd add to the rumor mill.
    Go Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    "Full Phonebook transfer capabilities"

Waiting for this one!!! Hopefully it'll let you send your contacts to Gmail.
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    what's with the Flash on the Pre only?
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I've got like 25 contacts from gmail, 45 from my old phone, and 200 some from facebook, all on my pre, I want them all to be on my Gmail acct too, but I don't want to work hard to make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    what's with the Flash on the Pre only?
    It's related to how different the Pixi and Pre are. Since flash has to communicate with the GPU to run on such a device you have to have adequate hardware and the drivers to support it.

They probably just cut the pixi so they could finish flash for the Pre by 1.4, it could be that by the time the next update rolls around the Pixi could do flash as well.
    pixi users are going to be mad lol
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    I've got like 25 contacts from gmail, 45 from my old phone, and 200 some from facebook, all on my pre, I want them all to be on my Gmail acct too, but I don't want to work hard to make it happen.
    whenever i add a contact to my phone, it automatically syncs to my gmail account.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It's related to how different the Pixi and Pre are. Since flash has to communicate with the GPU to run on such a device you have to have adequate hardware and the drivers to support it.

They probably just cut the pixi so they could finish flash for the Pre by 1.4, it could be that by the time the next update rolls around the Pixi could do flash as well.
    my brother's gonna be ****ed at me.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    link to the post on the sprint forums?
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    All you clamoring on about contacts export should becomes friends with the search button on precentral or preware...

Here I'll help you out Send Contacts Via Email
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    All you clamoring on about contacts export should becomes friends with the search button on precentral or preware...

Here I'll help you out Send Contacts Via Email
    That doesn't help when you need to transfer customers contacts over to a phone that doesn't sync with google or the palm profile.
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sd7318 View Post
    That doesn't help when you need to transfer customers contacts over to a phone that doesn't sync with google or the palm profile.
    Hmm so I guess reading that it exports all contacts via vcard which can then be imported into just about any program that deals with contacts doesn't help
    Calendar Enhancements--- like a useful, colorful month view??? I hope I hope!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by IRhino View Post
    link to the post on the sprint forums?
    http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/26658?tstart=0
    I liked the part "these are just a few of the highlights." I very much disliked the part "later this quarter." That's definitely different language than "in February."
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast