Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    Hmm so I guess reading that it exports all contacts via vcard which can then be imported into just about any program that deals with contacts doesn't help
    It doesn't, welcome to retail.
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm all for "messaging enhancements". I think theres a patch for it, but a simple character counter would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by sd7318 View Post
    welcome to retail?
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sd7318 View Post
    Ahh then upgrade your tool even a desktop solution would export via vcard or csv file which then would require you to use either another desktop program to sync back or load the file to your tool.

Time for upgrade eh? welcome to spending money to keep up.
    I am actually pretty pleased right now with my pre.

for the next round of updates, I would rather they took extra time to put the polish on

somewhere in these forums a thread had information stating cryptically that 1.4 released to the devs was both faster and slower in some areas.

I take that to read "good, but buggy" I would rather them smooth out the bugs before release, even if that means waiting until march for it to happen, I would be OK with that.

Not that i want to wait around forever like the palm of old, or other platforms, more that i would be happy to wait that extra two or three weeks for them to iron it out.

after that, i will become impatient

then annoyed
    then intolerant

then buy another phone.

I don't want to release my timeline for this succession, as I don't want to give palm any false information, I cannot be certain of the developments the future will bring
    There are four lights.
    So many of the promised features from this update are already available via patches. If you haven't "patched" your Pre then you are missing out on 50% of the devices functionality, IMO. It's nice to see Palm working on these things for those that are less tech savy, though. I'm really looking forward to video capture and hope that it's equally as good, video quality wise, as the precorder beta. I just hope they implement a view finder so you can actually see what you are recording. I would also like to see native visual voice mail vs. having to use a 3rd party app. Aside from this, patches make my Pre everything I want it to be.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I mean... after 1.4, I'd rather they just focus on speed.
    Cause sometimes my phone is SO slow...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    So many of the promised features from this update are already available via patches. If you haven't "patched" your Pre then you are missing out on 50% of the devices functionality, IMO. It's nice to see Palm working on these things for those that are less tech savy, though. I'm really looking forward to video capture and hope that it's equally as good, video quality wise, as the precorder beta. I just hope they implement a view finder so you can actually see what you are recording. I would also like to see native visual voice mail vs. having to use a 3rd party app. Aside from this, patches make my Pre everything I want it to be.
    The new video recorder uses the camera app, so yes full screen viewfinder.
    Quote Originally Posted by cloak.n.dagger View Post
    So many of the promised features from this update are already available via patches.
    generally speaking though, native features are nicer to have than patches.....generally.

Im really looking forward to video capture and hope that it's equally as good, video quality wise, as the precorder beta. I just hope they implement a view finder so you can actually see what you are recording.
    it'll have a viewfinder. there are a few videos from the CES presentation floating around if you want to check out the video camera in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    It's related to how different the Pixi and Pre are. Since flash has to communicate with the GPU to run on such a device you have to have adequate hardware and the drivers to support it.

They probably just cut the pixi so they could finish flash for the Pre by 1.4, it could be that by the time the next update rolls around the Pixi could do flash as well.
    I suspect it's because the Pixi isn't powerful enough to render Flash videos quickly and smoothly enough. If it were my choice, I'd rather not release Flash support for a device that would play choppy videos (which would subsequently receive major criticisms) than release it and then deal with the criticism and questioning of Palm's abilities to make smartphones.

Just my speculation
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    patches make my Pre everything I want it to be.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Voice dialing please.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    somewhere in these forums a thread had information stating cryptically that 1.4 released to the devs was both faster and slower in some areas.

I take that to read "good, but buggy" I would rather them smooth out the bugs before release, even if that means waiting until march for it to happen, I would be OK with that.
    a 'friend' told me that 1.4 is getting polished pretty much, thanks to the fact that palm released it to the devs, and they got a chance to test it, she says its in beta3 already which is pretty far.

she (the friend) also mentioned that the apps will have a loading screen if they take long to load. (similar to the google maps app but glowing.
    I thought so much. I already noticed a couple of updated apps in the app catalog that said 'made compatible with 1.4'. Can't be long then. (well, only for the US that is...)
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I can't imagine Palm delaying this update past February. Why would they proudly anounce 1.4 features at CES and advertise its February release and then move it to by the end of the first quarter. I know that stuff can happen but I can't see them delaying this one. They still have a full month window to release it and still be within the advertised time. I would assume they would want to get it out as early as impossible to impress Verizon customers.
    I just hope they integrate the Entire OS with GPU so that things just work faster ... Its just so annoying when your contacts take time to load and scrolling is sluggish ... I mean .. if you want to compete with iphone .. you got to match with their speed ... things are just so fast on iphone .. I wish pre becomes like that one day ...
    The GPU won't be integrated this quckly. Probably for a later major revision
    sounds reassuring and pretty d**n good they released some sort of info than what we already know and expected. I'm thinking they've added couple of messaging and calendar patches natively in the 'enhancements'. I'm also excited to know what else they are bring in w/ the 1.4 update..like hidden groundwork for things to come in future updates..? I think next they should work more on the PIM side of webOS. Timeline I'm thinkin 1.4 to hit is mid-feb for US(sprint/vz)...a week later for Canada...then another week after for rest of world(around march w/ app catalog coming outta beta there like they announced)...? Agree..? This is how they've done things so far...

Keep doin wat ur doin PALM!!!
    Hmm so I guess reading that it exports all contacts via vcard which can then be imported into just about any program that deals with contacts doesn't help
    +1.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    maybe for full integration they mean birthday bieng uploaded(since they only d/l for now). Or maybe it will auto fill stuff on your google contacts from other sources (facebook, linked in etc)

Or maybe it will work like exchange plus multiple calender and tasks etc.

Either way i am looking forward to it. And we get to try AUPT
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast