1.    #1  
    According to the Telecommunications Act of 1996, members of the military and federal employees are entitled to discounts on their cell plans from all of the carriers. I've received a 15% discount from Sprint for the last 10 years until I switched to the $99 Unlimited Plan. Sprint told me because this plan is the best on the market, the savings are already built in and therefore they do not allow any further discounts on this plan.

Is this true or are some of you getting the discount? I've called them many times since the launch of the Pre and their answer has been consistent.
    Last edited by sjamie; 01/30/2010 at 07:31 AM.
    I heard the same thing no discounts on the $99 Unlimited Plan, but I do receive a 15% government discount on the 450 minutes Unlimited Plan
  3.    #3  
    Yes, Sprint told me they could honor the discount on the 450 plan but based on my phone usage, I really NEED the unlimited plan. I love the phone and the plan so I have no complaints. However, who wouldn't want to save a few bucks if possible?
    This is true with most carriers if you have an unlimited plan. I was with verizon on a unlimited plan and they would not give the discount either.
    If you search around the net, you will find a relatively easy way to get up to 27% off Sprint plans. I'm not positive it's good on every plan, but I do know it works for the 450min Unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    If you search around the net, you will find a relatively easy way to get up to 27% off Sprint plans. I'm not positive it's good on every plan, but I do know it works for the 450min Unlimited.
    care to post a link to save us trouble?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    care to post a link to save us trouble?
    I guess it's not that easy to find since I'm not finding a site with the same information I used last year; those threads may have been deleted. Below are some threads that may get you started.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75318
    http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1757688
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    to be honest the unlimited plan is not so necessary anymore with free mobile to mobile feature, i moved away from it might be option for you anyway thus getting your discount and saving on the plan price also.
    Sprint also told me with the Simply Everything plan i would not be able to use my 15% preferred employers discount.... kinda made me mad at first
    Yup.. No discounts on the unlimited plan. I used to work for an indirect and it never panned out. Granted, it is the best unlimited plan for the money so can't complain too much. But hey, if you're only calling cell phones, you can get away with a Everything Data 450 and get your company discount on top of it.
    I have the everything data plan for 3 lines and i get the 15% discount for being a teacher!
    Not sure if will help, but i discovered this week. If you call one landline a LOT, but don't want to go from 450 mins to unlimited, get the "Mobile to Home" add on for only $5 more. Thus, you still save $15 and get the 15% discount. So even if only one landline, you still save minutes. doesn't have to be just a home number.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Got a 24% discount on my 1500 min $129.99 family plan from my employer. So after Texas fees and taxes and a $7.00 TEP my total bill monthly is around $116-$118.00

Correct they wont give discounts on unlimited plans as they are really discounted in themselves if you really need one and take advantage of that type of plan.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    According the Telecommunications Act of 1996, members of the military and federal employees are entitled to discounts on their cell plans from all of the carriers.
    this sentence is false. you have recieved a discount, but it has nothing to do with any telecommunications act. Its the same discount sprint and other carriers give other groups and varies by the size of the group and other issues.

just like sprint doesn't give a discount to other groups for everything unlimited, so too you wont.
    I got a 20% recurring discount off of my everything data family plan. You can to.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    I got a 20% recurring discount off of my everything data family plan. You can to.
    What did you do to get 20% off?
    I'm on the everything family referral plan. 1600 mins, etc, two Pre's. and I get my 27% discount for my employer. It's nice! w/tep on 2 lines, etc, my total comes out to just over 100.
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a question about upgrading phones. If I were to upgrade to the Epic and extend my current plan (450 minutes) will my 25% off discount automatically rollover to the new phone and plan or do you have to set it up all over again? I'm aware there will be an additional $10/month fee for 4G.