Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I read a complaint on the VZ website stating that all of the phone owner's facebook contacts are synced up to his phone, even if it's only just with their facebook account and no numbers etc.

Is there any truth to this complaint? If so, is there any way to avoid this? I can imagine that would be a pain in the **** to have to scroll through all those contacts to get to the ones that really matter.

I am thinking about switching from by BB Curve to the Pre Plus, but am going back and forth about it...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureeka181 View Post
    I read a complaint on the VZ website stating that all of the phone owner's facebook contacts are synced up to his phone, even if it's only just with their facebook account and no numbers etc.

Is there any truth to this complaint? If so, is there any way to avoid this? I can imagine that would be a pain in the **** to have to scroll through all those contacts to get to the ones that really matter.

I am thinking about switching from by BB Curve to the Pre Plus, but am going back and forth about it...

Thanks!
    I think the way to avoid it is by not adding your facebook account into the Contacts App. My FB friends did not sync with my contacts. The ones I would have reason to contact directly are already in my address book.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Oh, ok, great. I didn't realize you have the option as to what accounts you want to import, but I guess that would make sense.

I'm just nervous moving to a new OS/UI when I've been with BB for so long and am so comfortable with how things run on there. The Pre seems a little more complicated but nicer and more user friendly in the end than BB.
    Or you can just add all of your fb contacts, and not really worry about it too much. I just used the built in search (just start typing) to call/text people, and b/c of this have no need to scroll through my contacts. I like that it pulls all of the pics from fb, so you can see who's calling.
    Had a Pre since launch day, and I never scroll through the contacts list. I have my facebook and e-mail accounts all synced into contacts, so it is a large list if you want to scroll through it, but you never have to! That's what universal search is for: just start typing, and it'll find the contact for you. Universal search is the biggest thing to have to get used to on the phone, but once you get used to automatically doing it every time, it's SO much easier than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eureeka181 View Post

Thanks!
    He's correct; however, a Pre user should not "scroll through all those contacts". Don't scroll, type. You type in a users name (or the first inital and their last name, just their last name, or their company name), and Universal Search finds them. Click on the number to dial, or the name to open their contact.
    is the Pre supposed to sync down from google and aim every hour or so?? I made some changes in Google and my AIM buddy list, but hours later i dont see it on my pre.