View Poll Results: What have you done to your pre?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ive dropped my pre many times and it has oreo and/or cracking.

1 6.25%
  • Ive dropped my pre only a few times and it has oreo and/or cracking.

1 6.25%
  • I havent dropped my pre EVER or banged it on anything and it has oreo and/or cracking.

4 25.00%
  • Ive banged my pre up against something and it has and/or cracking.

0 0%
  • Ive dropped my pre many times but it is still perfect.

7 43.75%
  • Ive never dropped or banged my pre on anything and its still perfect.

3 18.75%
  1.    #1  
    So I keep reading about all these pre problems: oreo, cracking, chipping, usb doors falling off, scratches....so im wondering If for those who this is happened to have dropped your phone, accidently banged the phone in the pocket a few times on something, or just baby it and it still happens.

I just ask because ive had my pre from the beginning of august and ive babied it. asside from one drop from 2 feet onto a carpeted surface ive not done anything and my phone is still perfect 6 months later.

you will not be judged for mishandling your pre
    Last edited by cnote1287; 01/29/2010 at 09:44 AM.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I treat my Pre like it's an egg.
    BUT:
    I've had oreo since the first week (june)
    AND:
    My USB port's been exposed since New Year's

Otherwise, it's 'reluctantly' holding up.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Only 6 hours after I got it on launch day it slipped out of my hands onto my kitchen tile floor. Put a small crack on the bottom left corner of the top half. Innocase covers it so I dont see it anymore. Had a rollercoaster of emotions that day.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Have had mine since launch day back in June and dropped once (not very far). No issues thus far. I love this phone still, after 8 months!
    the only issue with mine is a scratch on the screen that i got when i was wiping it off, and a small metal shaving had fallen off of my shirt (from when I was cutting a key earlier) and onto the bag i was wiping it with. right in the center of the screen too. big and deep :-/

totally my fault though.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Should mention my wife has had her pre since launch also and dropped it probably around 10+ times. Aside from the expected knicks and scratches it's still a solid piece of hardware. I keep reading about all these hardware issues but I know at least 8 people who own a pre and so far none have had issues, but everyone still loves this little piece of joy called Pre!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost 13 View Post
    Should mention my wife has had her pre since launch also and dropped it probably around 10+ times. Aside from the expected knicks and scratches it's still a solid piece of hardware. I keep reading about all these hardware issues but I know at least 8 people who own a pre and so far none have had issues, but everyone still loves this little piece of joy called Pre!
    i was just curious considering alot of ppl said they developed cracks and did nothing to start them. i think people write off 1000 little drops and say ohhh that cant start a crack.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre