1.    #1  
    I'm a new user and have a must for business use, that is to search the calendar. I need a solution or I can't use this phone.
    -new to smart phones and need clear instructions for a solution
    -can one search the iPhone calendar and is Verizon getting it
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer22 View Post
    I'm a new user and have a must for business use, that is to search the calendar. I need a solution or I can't use this phone.
    -new to smart phones and need clear instructions for a solution
    -can one search the iPhone calendar and is Verizon getting it
    theres an app for that
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    theres an app for that
    Can you give me a bit more info?
  5.    #5  
    Heard about that so now I will get connected with google. When I do my DT from my PalmTE and Mac (which I don't know how to do yet)will I be able to use the google cal on my laptop? I'll need to print from the cal . I am new to this... so be gentle.
    Agenda will also let you search your Calendar data. You can select a date range to display in Agenda, then start typing to filter on the title, location and notes fields.

There is currently an problem with viewing long date ranges, but if you keep them relatively short (<1yr). It works well.
    Heard about that so now I will get connected with google. When I do my DT from my PalmTE and Mac (which I don't know how to do yet)will I be able to use the google cal on my laptop? I'll need to print from the cal . I am new to this... so be gentle.
    As long as you have your Google account on your Pre, whatever changes that you make in your Google Calendar (from your PC) will sync to your Pre over-the-air automatically and vice-versa.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haeffb View Post
    Agenda will also let you search your Calendar data. You can select a date range to display in Agenda, then start typing to filter on the title, location and notes fields.

There is currently an problem with viewing long date ranges, but if you keep them relatively short (<1yr). It works well.
    I already like Agenda, this makes it even better, thanks for mentioning this.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    You will be able to use the Google cal on your laptop as long as you're connected to the Internet. And you can print them too. Google spits it out as a .pdf so you can save a copy too if you'd like. I find it a nice solution to coordinating my personal and work calendars. Here's how I currently have it set up:
    -Google Calendar is set up as my personal calendar
    -I downloaded and installed Google Sync on my work computer and set it up to synchronize hourly
    -I added my google Account to the Calendar app in the pre. After a few minutes of communicating, everything on my google Calendar (and thus work calendar) was there in the phone

In your situation, you can synchronize Google Calendar with iCal on the Mac if you'd like too. There are instructions in Google - when you log in to calendar, click the 'Sync' link in the upper right hand corner and it will take you to the help section for syncing. (I'm too new so I can't post links yet)

As for transferring Data from your Palm TE to the Mac - a software program called "The Missing Sync" might work for you. It is located at www dot markspace dot com

Don't worry about asking too many questions. Things like this are not always intuitive or easy and it take some "outside the box" thinking to get it all worked out. Good luck and feel free to ask anything else you'd like
    Christa
    Google Calendar and the Pre work AWESOME together. This is my favorite function on this phone.