1.    #1  
    My wife and I each ordered a new Verizon Pre Plus on the Verizon website on Monday. (Jan. 25). The phones arrived the next day by free overnight shipping.

Up until this point I have been using a Palm TX and a regular single feature phone.

Both of us are delighted with the Pre Plus. There were no hardware or software issues. Activation was a breeze. Absolutely perfect experience!

I believe that anyone looking over these forums may get the wrong idea about the Pre. There is no perfect device but the Pre Plus comes close. We are completely satisfied with our purchase and I wanted people to know that.

Have a great day!

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by dldress View Post
    My wife and I each ordered a new Verizon Pre Plus on the Verizon website on Monday. (Jan. 25). The phones arrived the next day by free overnight shipping.

Up until this point I have been using a Palm TX and a regular single feature phone.

Both of us are delighted with the Pre Plus. There were no hardware or software issues. Activation was a breeze. Absolutely perfect experience!

I believe that anyone looking over these forums may get the wrong idea about the Pre. There is no perfect device but the Pre Plus comes close. We are completely satisfied with our purchase and I wanted people to know that.

Have a great day!

Don
    Enjoy and welcome to Palm community. Next step - install prewere and use some patches you both will be more satisfied.
    Glad to have you aboard.
    Glad to hear of your experience. I am ordering my Pre Plus on Monday, when I am upgrade eligible and am anxiously awaiting. I have been reading this board extensively for the last month and frankly get scared off more often then convinced that this is the phone for me. I have been waffling over the Pre and Droid and the Droid forum users seem to have a much higher opinion of their phone than the Pre users here do. I am definitely taking the plunge on the Pre figuring if it does not work I will use the 30 day exchange for the Droid. I hope that is not the case.
    happy to hear about your happy experience, I was the same way. Now just wait until you dive into preware and patches!
    Where are preware and patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer22 View Post
    Where are preware and patches?
    Search the forums for lots of instructions. Try here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman303 View Post
    Glad to hear of your experience. I am ordering my Pre Plus on Monday, when I am upgrade eligible and am anxiously awaiting. I have been reading this board extensively for the last month and frankly get scared off more often then convinced that this is the phone for me. I have been waffling over the Pre and Droid and the Droid forum users seem to have a much higher opinion of their phone than the Pre users here do. I am definitely taking the plunge on the Pre figuring if it does not work I will use the 30 day exchange for the Droid. I hope that is not the case.
    Dont believe all the negative that comes from this site. The Pre is awsome! Does it have problems sometimes sure it does, but so did the iphone when it first came out. You will enjoy the Pre when you get it especially if you patch it
    hint...some of the people coming on here are not really Pre owners.
    Yup!!! I got my phone on wednesday and I can't put it down. Been reading and watching this site everyday since I signed up last year. Great phone and only getting better. Cant wait till feb 1st Webos 1.4 update
    Yeah, any second now Rashad1 or whatever his name is will pop in to point out something negative.

I think the Pre is great.
    tip: make a launcher shortcut of precentral. Swipe down where it says "web" on the card while surfing PC. Select page then add to launcher. I put mine right in the quick launcher. Now PC is one click away!
    Hinky where are you?
    I love my Pre and I am not using any of the Preware or patches.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    Yup!!! I got my phone on wednesday and I can't put it down. Been reading and watching this site everyday since I signed up last year. Great phone and only getting better. Cant wait till feb 1st Webos 1.4 update
    Hmmm.....don't be disappointed if this does not only not arrive on February 1st but not even the first week of February. Palm never gave an exact date and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see it until mid-February or past.
  16. ads
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I think and hope there's way more folks like this coming over. A lot of the negativity and probably a high majority of users here are deeper function users or techies. The OP is coming from a phone, not even a feature phone, and a separate PDA. He and she may have NO need or desire for customizing the phone, and might well be better off and happier with using it bone stock.
    In fact, I hope they do that for at least a while, it may save frustration and help us sell more new folks like them on the product better ensuring critical mass. Most of us here will root these things the first day, but I appreciate these folks coming on here and simply saying, "it's great out of the box"!

I don't care if it's smartphones or cars (my REALLY expensive hobby), forums bring lots of low posters here just trying to get info and/or expressing frustration, so all product forums on whole tend to lean to the negative side. That's ok as it is cool how strangers help each other all the time too.
    I find it more intense on products that have a narrower yet more loyal following. EG, Palm Pre's, BMW M3s get one level of scrutiny, the more vanilla and many variations of Androids and Ford Explorers have a broader, less scrutinizing following. One just mustn't judge the overall product on the overall tone, rather, focus on the 20-30% of the functionality you care about most and see how folks are doing there.

ADS

Quote Originally Posted by fonefanatic View Post
    Dont believe all the negative that comes from this site. The Pre is awsome! Does it have problems sometimes sure it does, but so did the iphone when it first came out. You will enjoy the Pre when you get it especially if you patch it
    I'm on my third day of ownership and I like my Pre. Thanks for the post Don, it was refreshing.

ET
    Got my pre on Tuesday and I could not be happier. Had the Droid and returned it. webOS is a sheer joy to use compared to Android. I love how I can close apps with two quick swipes rather than several button presses or even worse, having to use a task killer. Multitasking is a breeze, and I am excited about the 3D gaming that android will not have until they fix the storage issue. And I discovered patching last night which makes me even happer as I can customize my pre to what I like.
    Welcome aboard! The Pre was my first experience with a smart phone. I only knew it was the newest phone offered through Sprint at the time of my contract renewal. So I did no research and had no idea about Android or some of the other platforms (though I did know about IPhone, just not going to sign up with AT&T is all I knew about that one). After owning it a while I was happy, yet still felt it had many flaws. I actually regretted buying it for some time. Then a friend told me to look up communities and forums online about my phone to learn more. Found this site....And MAN did I learn more!

Preware is a must for anyone that likes to "play" with their phone. The Homebrew crew is absolutely incredible as to what they have given us Pre owners. There are tons of patches to tweak your phone to your likings. The VisualBoy Advanced is a must (even if you are not a big gamer like me). I now have Precorder for videos. Mobile Hot Spot...That just blows everyone I show it to away!!! I still have yet to convince my Father-in-Law that it works. I show him at his house. He is convinced that it runs through his wifi off his pc and redirects it through my phone to his ITouch (as an example). He is a big techie and he just will not accept the fact that he can wifi off my phone. My 17 year old was the same. But last night while eating dinner at a restaurant (far from home) I told him to wifi off my phone on his ITouch...needless to say he was dumb founded!! Lets see what else do I have...Doom, Quake access to thousands of games through VisualBoy Advanced. The multi tasking is incredible in itself. I can be in my car, wifi the son's ITouch, listen to music through Pandora (hooked up to the car stereo) and have my navigation going...all at the same time!!!

I could go on and on, but each has their own needs and likes about their phone. So do some reading here on this site and be ready to be blow away with what you can do on this phone.