Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    seriously tho, if ur an aussie, just get an unlocked one from overseas (germany if u have to). the ONLY downside is lack of paid apps. everything else works PERFECTLY.

i don't see what 3g issues anyone could have outside of telstra nextg
    I wouldn't bother waiting. I doubt that the Pre will hit Australia properly anyway. Palm is still settling in with HP, so they I doubt they'll jump into anything like that too soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauly12 View Post
    Just on the Pre Plus also if I have a friend in the UK could they buy me one when they come out and send it to me, would it work with an Optus sim card??? Thanks.
    Once unlocked there would be no problem. Nextgenserver.com at Palm Pre & Palm Pre Plus Unlock, Unlock Palm Pre & Pre Plus Network & SIM locks - Palm Pre Deblocage should do that. (read the thread on here)
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    seriously tho, if ur an aussie, just get an unlocked one from overseas (germany if u have to). the ONLY downside is lack of paid apps. everything else works PERFECTLY.

i don't see what 3g issues anyone could have outside of telstra nextg
    I just don't see this as an issue. I have a Palm Pre, and I'm on telstra and I'm roaming. Because of the agreement between 3 and Telstra it doesn't cost any more.

Of course, if you are in the country, that is an issue... so you need to get an American 3G Pre, because that does the Telstra band.
    Thanks for that. That sounds good. Pixi Plus is already on there and sounds alright. I really want a Pre Plus, love Apple and the iPhone but have always wanted a Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    There is no drama getting an unlocked European Pre working with 3G on most of the Australian networks. Just not Telstra (but they do 3G roaming on 3, apparently).
    hi there
    I am with Telstra and if i buy unlock Palm pre will that work ?

thank

craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Mackay View Post
    hi there
    I am with Telstra and if i buy unlock Palm pre will that work ?

thank

craig
    With the GSM European non-Plus you won't get Telstra's NextG, but you will get 3's 3G in metro areas (by an agreement that they have, and apparently at no cost). The AT&T Pre Plus has Telstra's frequency, but I am not aware of anybody having gone that route yet.
    Last edited by johncc; 06/07/2010 at 01:10 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12