View Poll Results: Pre or Pre Plus?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get the Pre, it's fine. Not a big difference.

10 76.92%
  • Pre Plus! It's way WAY better.

3 23.08%
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I've got a question. Is the Pre Plus worth the wait to get on GSM? Or should we stick with the Pre?

I mean, is the Pre Plus's added memory worth the wait? Is there a big difference in build?

I know that a lot of the pres now have a problem with build quality. has this been fixed in the last batches? I saw a video here saying that the build quality on the pre plus is superior to the pre.

What do you guys think? I'm only asking because I can get the Pre for virtually nothing unlocked and out of contract, and I might want to replace my phone.

Pre or wait for the Pre plus? Is the build quality better now on the pre in the last batches? Is it worth to wait for 16 gigs of memory and 512 ram?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    What carrier are you on?

If I was a Sprint customer and you HAD to have a Pre now, I would purchase a Pre third party (be careful, but I bought one like that) and then use your upgrade, if you have one coming, for the Pre 2 (speculation at this point, but logical, that this would come out in the summer).

When you say Pre or Pre Plus, you are speaking about 2 different carriers, and both of these phones are already out, you just have to pick your carrier (and how much you want to pay).
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    What carrier are you on?

If I was a Sprint customer and you HAD to have a Pre now, I would purchase a Pre third party (be careful, but I bought one like that) and then use your upgrade, if you have one coming, for the Pre 2 (speculation at this point, but logical, that this would come out in the summer).

When you say Pre or Pre Plus, you are speaking about 2 different carriers, and both of these phones are already out, you just have to pick your carrier (and how much you want to pay).
    You see, in Europe we use GSM. So it's a different technology. And all of Europe uses the same bands, so a phone from Vodafone, Movistar, O2, Orange, are all inter-compatible. I have a friend who works for the phone company (Movistar, here in Spain, has the Pre) and will eventually get the Pre Plus, but the problem is that the Pre when it first came out cost around $600 unlocked and new, I can get one for around $220 unlocked and new, and of course with the carrier warranty and everything (for 2 years at least, which I'm sure I'd have tossed it by then for a new model).

So I'm still back at the same question:

Are the Pre's still kind of faulty or has Palm fixed those hardware errors in the later batches? As I said, I saw a guy here show off a video saying how much better the build quality is on the Pre Plus. It made me wonder and hesitate on buying the pre.

Thanks!