1.    #1  
    Seriously, is this an expected value? I got a replacement Pre at the same time that 1.3.5 was released, and the 2-3% drain I used to get shot up to about 10%. I've doctored it a few times, and tried just about everything I can think of to find the cause of the battery problem. I even swapped batteries with a friend, and when in my phone it was still 10%, while he was in the 2-3% range. We work less than ten feet apart, and have the same options turned on so I'm beginning to think my replacement phone just sucks... or 1.3.5... or both.

I recently put it into airplane mode and was still reporting about 8%. Strangely, when I have everything on and I'm on a phonecall for an hour, the drain doesn't go over 12%. It seems like this phone is cursed to float around the 10% mark regardless of what I do with it.
    That seems like alot, is it stock or do you have patches and homebrew on it? I keep my Sprint Pre in airplane mode alot for work and it barely drains 2%/hr. Sounds like a program not closing correctly.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    That seems like alot, is it stock or do you have patches and homebrew on it? I keep my Sprint Pre in airplane mode alot for work and it barely drains 2%/hr. Sounds like a program not closing correctly.
    It has been both. I thought about homebrew begin so I doctored it back to original and worked with it a few days. 10% regardless of wifi, BT, email push, etc. settings. Well, I'm guessing 10% because it ran out of battery about the same time of day that it does when I'm running Battery Monitor.
    it should consume around 1% when in airplane mode.
    restart phone, memory leaks can cause this. happened to me a few times
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I get about 2-3% per hour baseline with phone, data, GPS and Wifi on. Of course, that increases with use.

Sounds like a either a hardware or patch issue.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    are you being obsessed with tuning the screen on the check the battery. sounds like it to me. try leaving your phone alone. otherwise i have no advice. usually when my phone drains fast i do a luna restart.
    use battery monitor to check how much % you lost per hour...
  9.    #9  
    I just tried it again. I turned the phone off and as soon as I turned it back on I put it into airplane mode and started Battery Monitor. After two hours of not touching it I woke it back up to check the drain, and it is still in the low 7% range without the screen ever even turning on.
    Yup somethings not right and sounds like a huge memory leak with something trying to connect to the Internet.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  11.    #11  
    I've already doctored the damned thing twice, so I'm not sure what to do with it. It seems to restore my non-homebrew apps when it redownloads my Palm profile? Could there be something in my Palm profile that would be causing this? I already deleted my calendar account, so now I'm down to two email accounts and SMS.
    How's the service in your area does the phone jump to 1x alot.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan