Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    who has one? And have they replace their phone in bb?
    yes, my broke but they will first try to fix it and if they cant they should give u a new 1. this process took 3 days for me.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    I just had mine replaced last week. It took them about a week to receive my "new" Pre. Plus they let me keep my back cover & battery!
  4.    #4  
    ok, you guys think they can replace mine cause of the oreo effect? I didn't mind at 1st but now it's just worst and I don't like it
    I got a bit of a runaround from the geek squad when they were filing my request. First guy said about 5 days. I went back after five days to see what the deal was and the person I spoke with told me it might take up to two weeks from that date. I was livid. I spoke with the mobile manager and asked him what the deal was. He basically told me that the request had been processed and my new phone should be in within 5 days. I was about to go on vacation for a week, so the guy told me if my phone wasn't there, they would give me a brand new one. When I got back from vacation (a week later mind you) my phone had just arrived that evening. Overall, I'm not happy with the process at all.
    I wonder if the phone is damaged enough would they just do an in store replacement.
    Last edited by Flak1969; 01/29/2010 at 10:33 AM.
    I took my phone in a few days ago - they estimated 3 to 4 weeks. Yes - WEEKS. Luckily, I still have my old Q9C to use in the meantime.
    When they tried to sell me their warranty they gave me the impression that they would give you a loner phone if you needed one.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    When they tried to sell me their warranty they gave me the impression that they would give you a loner phone if you needed one.
    I was told the same thing but it will just be a dumb phone.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    I was told the same thing but it will just be a dumb phone.
    and you have to pay for renting it it's dumb
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Is there a restocking fee as well?
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    No restocking fee.

Bad news though.

Because of Verizon, we are now having to send Pre's to get serviced. So yes, it can take 2-3 weeks to get fixed and/or replaced with a new phone (not a refurb).

Loaner phones are available and differ on store but typically you are looking at a rumor 2 or something generic. Sadly, we can't do smartphones (too much retail cost). And a deposit of $150 is required but is refunded when you get your Pre back, so it's more like a hold if you use a credit card.

Hope that clears it up. And if you are within 30 days, it's swapped inside the store.
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I looked into the BB insurance too. I came to the conclusion that Squaretrade has a better deal, although you have to pay for the whole warranty up front.
    I took my phone in on 5-6-10. They still have it. It was for the headset socket issue where a fix is found here in the forums. I didn't know about the fix when I took my phone in...

A loner costs you $150 deposit. If they have something available...

I'm using an old dumb phone (LG Rumor).

I would rather have had a refurb within 2 days than wait a month for my old phone or maybe a replacement...that is still up in the air as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by x3k8r1976 View Post
    I took my phone in on 5-6-10. They still have it. It was for the headset socket issue where a fix is found here in the forums. I didn't know about the fix when I took my phone in...

A loner costs you $150 deposit. If they have something available...

I'm using an old dumb phone (LG Rumor).

I would rather have had a refurb within 2 days than wait a month for my old phone or maybe a replacement...that is still up in the air as well.
    It's been a month, I'd complain on their twitter, forums, phone line (please ask for a reimbursement of this month of service and say you'll be canceling) and aggravate the store manager beyond belief. It's seriously inexcusable, especially since when they first gave out insurance on the Pre, the Pre was listed as "rapid exchange" (meaning they would give you a new one out of the store) and they baited and switched everyone by changing it to the "lost in the system for a month or more" version shortly after its release. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S BECAUSE PRE'S FAILURE RATE WAS TERRIBLE OR IT DIDN'T SELL WELL. The point is, that's what they sold a lot of people, including me, on and that's what I needled and needled until I got.

So, try very hard to get them to give you a replacement and when you get the replacement, you can put the Sprint TEP insurance on it. Then cancel the Best Buy insurance.

Yes, I guess I sound like a whiny and entitled customer...I really don't care. A month stuck on a feature phone...ffs.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It's been a month, I'd complain on their twitter, forums, phone line (please ask for a reimbursement of this month of service and say you'll be canceling) and aggravate the store manager beyond belief. It's seriously inexcusable, especially since when they first gave out insurance on the Pre, the Pre was listed as "rapid exchange" (meaning they would give you a new one out of the store) and they baited and switched everyone by changing it to the "lost in the system for a month or more" version shortly after its release. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S BECAUSE PRE'S FAILURE RATE WAS TERRIBLE OR IT DIDN'T SELL WELL. The point is, that's what they sold a lot of people, including me, on and that's what I needled and needled until I got.

So, try very hard to get them to give you a replacement and when you get the replacement, you can put the Sprint TEP insurance on it. Then cancel the Best Buy insurance.

Yes, I guess I sound like a whiny and entitled customer...I really don't care. A month stuck on a feature phone...ffs.
    and what do you suggest when you need your phone replaced more than the TEP covers? What about if you drop your phone?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    and what do you suggest when you need your phone replaced more than the TEP covers? What about if you drop your phone?
    You pay the $100 deductible and get a replacement. Many people's whose problems have been chalked up to damage are given the option a replacement for $100 one day shipped to their house, which I find better than an admittedly refundable $150 deposit for a loaner phone from Best Buy for a month (unless you happen to have a comparable phone handy yourself).

Worst comes to worst, just lie and say you lost the phone. TEP covers lost and stolen phones (unlike GSBTP), you have to pay the $100, though, of course.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I had the BB warranty and accidently left my phone on the hood of my car and it flew off. My Pre was ran over and in about 10 pieces. Best buy junked it out (in about 3 weeks) and now I have a $749 credit for a phone there. Since they don't carry the Pre anymore I don't know what I want to get. I am not a big fan of Android or the $10 a month charge for the EVO.........
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    my pre messed up and i had the best buy 10 dollar geek squad insurance.. they were out of stock... they gave me the htc hero... the worst phone ive ever had.. but this fri getting the evo.. might as well get used to the android os while i wait, another best buy was out of stock also i had no choice. i miss my pre
    I had it bad. My phone would not turn on anymore, even after sitting in a charger. I took it to best buy, i was told a week, in all honestly it took a month, i called every day after a week, they probably hated me , but i wanted my phone. A month later, and using two best buy rent a phones later, they called and said it was ready.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast