1.    #1  
    So I bought my Pre Plus on launch day and had several issues with it - like overheating phone while charging and doing simple tasks, battery dropped 30% in a matter of minutes, and a bit of play in the slider mechanism.

Today, the phone turned off when it had 30% battery left and now it won't turn back on. I'm gonna go to the Verizon store to get a replacement.

Don't get me wrong, I love this phone and fully plan to keep it for the next 2 years - just, if anyone wanted to know if there were any issues with the phone, here's a heads up.
    Did you go through 3-5 complete charge/uncharge-cycles of the battery? If you didn't you should, that solves it for most people and makes sure you get most out of your battery!
    if it turns off it could because you hit the back cover and slightly moved the battery! It has happened to me
    might be a short in the battery, have a try a different battery in it. this happen to my wifes sprint pixi but i let them replace the whole phone
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    Did you go through 3-5 complete charge/uncharge-cycles of the battery? If you didn't you should, that solves it for most people and makes sure you get most out of your battery!
    Yeahh, I completely charged the battery as soon as I got it, and ever since (it's been ...4 nights) I have done complete charges on it overnight. Still the same issues
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    might be a short in the battery, have a try a different battery in it. this happen to my wifes sprint pixi but i let them replace the whole phone
    there's just more peace to mind when you do a full replacement, you know?
    yes I do...yes I do

lol
    Whatever the apologists say, it would actually seem to me like you, Sir, got yourself a lemon. Definitely hand it back to VZW and see whether your new unit behaves the same.

Battery life WILL improve dramatically after five to ten cycles, but don't expect the Pre to hold out for two days while you're constantly running ten cards. The only reason why the iPhone has better battery life - and it's not better by much at all, mind you - is that it's crippled to only run one program at a time. It's like comparing the mileage of a car going at 200mph and the mileage of another with a max speed of 40mph and then saying the fast one sucks because it guzzles down much more gas. Well, duh. You can still drive that car at 40, though, if you want, to save gas - but try going 200 in the other one.
    SAME THING HERE.

I just got done charging my Pre Plus, went online and played around a bit and then turned it off. Trying to turn it back on right now and it won't turn on at all! I know the battery isn't dead it just won't turn on.

It is going back tomorrow for a full exchange!