Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked, but my searches did not lead to a direct answer from someones experience.

I have always had a decent wiggle on my pre, but today I knocked my pre off it's touchstone where it fell 3 feet onto carpet and developed a full blown oreo.

My question is, are people having to pay the 50 dollar deductable for taking their phones back for oreo? Or are they just replacing them due to the known defect in design that leads to the oreo effect. Thanks.
    Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure that the full blown oreo is still covered, I talked to a guy today for my slight oreo and he said it had to be much worse than mine
    Yeah. The oreo is a "known issue" and considered under the warranty
    I've asked this question before in another thread. I never got an answer though. What is oreo? I keep seeing that all over the place, but I don't understand. =(
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I've asked this question before in another thread. I never got an answer though. What is oreo? I keep seeing that all over the place, but I don't understand. =(
    It's the twisting of the top layer and the bottom layer like an Oreo.. see the link for a video:
    Quote Originally Posted by jants13 View Post
    It's the twisting of the top layer and the bottom layer like an Oreo.. see the link for a video: [url= - Problems with the Palm Pre[/url]
    Awesome. Mine does that. And the ball in the middle, the silver or whatever is coming off. Idk how but I can see where the layer of coating is on & where it's not. On top of that, the phone is cracked on the top left corner. From the edge in about 2cm. Idk how it happen but if it cracks anymore the top half of the screen will probably not work. Will this be covered by the insurance or do I have to pay? I'd like to get a fresh Pre.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Most pres are gonna wiggle a little bit, mine did and it was fine. But full blown oreo it will like typically making a clicking sound, wiggle alot more and you will see a gap when the phone is closed.