Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
    That's old news. Verizon has changed all their literature to make it look like they didn't offer the Pre as a "standalone GPS" phone.
    Yes, but we have literature clearly showing them selling these as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisecTed View Post
    None the less, I plan on swapping my other Pre Plus for the Pre 2 so at least I have two newer phones in hand with only 5 months left of the 2 year contract. But I still don't have the GPS phone I was after when upgrading from the Treo on a much better network that didn't waste near as much of my time.
    You and everyone else that ended up with a Pre Plus on VZW. Again, old news. We're stuck with it, as VZ pretty much said "screw you, buy a Pre 2--a phone we don't care about, either".

Quote Originally Posted by DisecTed View Post
    I am still going to follow up with Verizon to see if mediation can occur and if not, I will have to do something in small claims.
    There has been at least one claim (on this forum) that went to the FCC. Again, old news, VZ not gonna do anything about an old phone.
    You and everyone else that ended up with a Pre Plus on VZW. Again, old news. We're stuck with it, as VZ pretty much said "screw you, buy a Pre 2--a phone we don't care about, either".
    They never said that. They told me to get the Samsung or HTC or anything else with android. However, I haven't had to buy anything yet, other than my original "standalone GPS" phone, which I have still not been supplied.

There has been at least one claim (on this forum) that went to the FCC. Again, old news, VZ not gonna do anything about an old phone.
    I don't get where you are coming from on this... Do you not want me posting updates to this? I know it's old news as it's been strung out for over a year and a half for me alone, but it''s still an issue and it isn't resolved. Many people just gave up. However, I'm not one to just line up along with everyone else when I see poo being flung at us just because everyone else is willfully taking it in the mouth. I'm going to at least defend myself if not try and help the rest out.

With future posts to this thread, would you mind not degrading this issue or issuing the perspective that it's OK to get screwed because others do too? I'd rather see WebOS do well rather than to be shot down by a service provider's actions.
    I'm just saying that many people before you have been down the same road and neither VZ nor Palm/HP have made good despite many outcries, threats, etc. The Pre Plus is, commercially, a dead platform and, as you indicated, VZW seems to have no interest in really, really supporting WebOS when there's so much more money to be made in iOS and Android phones and tablets.

I just don't expect much to come of your efforts. Trust me...it's nothing personal: I'm just rather jaded (I mean, really...you're trying to provide an update on an issue that--according to this thread--was declared more or less lost last August).
    I'm just saying that many people before you have been down the same road and neither VZ nor Palm/HP have made good despite many outcries, threats, etc. The Pre Plus is, commercially, a dead platform and, as you indicated, VZW seems to have no interest in really, really supporting WebOS when there's so much more money to be made in iOS and Android phones and tablets.

I just don't expect much to come of your efforts. Trust me...it's nothing personal: I'm just rather jaded (I mean, really...you're trying to provide an update on an issue that--according to this thread--was declared more or less lost last August).
    Understood... trust me, this has been a battle for me to stay focused this long, but that's what they want is for our attention spans (or lack of) to keep us occupied after hitting a few road blocks. However, I sparked it back up because of what the HP tier 3 tech was relaying to me. This was not the same approach Palm had done in the past. They willingly let me call Verizon and recorded it, and only interjected after Verizon started slandering Palm products. So I have reported my HP issue number with the BBB and we will see what comes of it. I hate dragging out old stuff, but I hate getting screwed more...

BTW - this is my first filing with the BBB as I knew if I didn't have the backing of the manufacturer, my claim was kinda dead. They (HP) know of the issue now and report to be aware of it.
    Not sure if you've read any of the articles here, but you might want to flip through these:

Verizon Wireless to customers: GPS issue? What GPS issue? | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net
    Verizon Palm Pre GPS gets app-based workaround | The #1 HP / Palm webOS Community | PreCentral.net

Both have links to other articles on the subject.
    Not sure if you've read any of the articles here, but you might want to flip through these:
    Thanks... I've just about read everything on this issue on the whole internet, actually. I try and stay low key on this site, but like to at least keep you guys filled in.

Verizon tech just called claiming I shouldn't have issues with the Pre 2 GPS and is sending me another one without me even wanting it. Them actively trying to troubleshoot the Pre 2 is pointless, however, being it's the previous 18 months with a Pre Plus that was the real issue. This may be a whole new issue... The issue of me paying for service for 18 months of not getting what I purchased is something they are having a hard time reacting to.

None the less, I haven't even shipped my Pre Plus back and they are sending me another Pre 2. Even after I read the email from Verizon stating that the Pre 2 wont have a working GPS. Honestly, I will humor them, and once they get me a GPS phone, we can start looking into reimbursement for services not provided or false claims by the resaler.
    Odd...I thought the Pre 2 was supposed to actually work as far as the GPS. Guess I really might have to just jump ship next time my upgrade period comes up
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    My VZW Pre 2 GPS works, but I still have to fiddle with it. I constantly have GPS Fix running to keep the GPS awake. It's a whole lot better than the Pre Plus, but it's still nothing compared to Android or iOS GPS functionality, or my VZW work issued iPad for that matter.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    wow. i more than assumed the pre2 would have working gps. i have to say my pre+ gps works better now with 1.4.5.1 but still nowhere near acceptable. i've already decided to leave and this just solidifies my decision
    I'v have been almost a year looking for a solution to my GPS problem ! This procedure fix my GPS. My GPS always locate me at the north pole. In fact I was planing to change my Pre because of GPS only works a few times.

thanks a lot

Revian

Quote Originally Posted by stephndudb View Post
    OK, I think I may have a handle on this now. I forgot about something else I did yesterday. Now I think there are 2 things going on:

1. The GPS goes to sleep under certain conditions. It might be a time interval, but I suspect it's after an extended period with no satellites in view (that might be why some people don't have the problem - their Pre is near a window or something). You can wake it back up by toggling GPS off/on under the location services menu as I wrote earlier, BUT...

2. Google Location Services prevents the GPS from waking up.

My Pre was fine all day as long as I stopped/restarted GPS when I went back outside after being in for a while. Then I turned Google Location Services back on. All was good for a while. Then I went back into work for several hours tonight. When I came out, GPS was dead.

Couldn't get it to restart until I remembered that I popped the battery out yesterday before I got GPS working. So, here's how I got GPS working again tonight:

1. Go to Location Services/Preferences and stop both GPS and Google Location Services.
    2. Completely shut down the Pre and remove the battery, then replace.
    3. After the reboot, go to Location Services/Preferences and restart GPS.
    4. DON'T restart Google Location Services.
    5. If GPS goes to sleep, stop/restart it in the Location Services preferences.

This procedure has worked twice for me now. I have both compass and Google Maps running right now. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, changing it to google services fixed my problem.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617